cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject docs question
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:09:05 GMT
Hi,

Question #1:
------------------

With the new move to RTD we need to agree on a URL naming convention.

Currently we have one CNAME that points to RTD site (don't worry about the content on that
page):

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org

Using RTD sub projects features this gives us the following URLs to get to the admin and install
guide.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration

The cloudstack-installation and cloudstack-administration are not changeable, RTD does not
allow to change that.

Are we fine with this ? It seems a bit long to me.

If we are not fine with this, the alternative is to create other CNAMEs via apache infra to
point to those guides.

Question #2:

What do we want the landing page http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org to have ?

On the cloudstack.apache.org website I was thinking of extending the tab to link to each guide.
This would work well with a CNAME per guide.
But if we keep a single link to 'DOCS' on our main website, then the question of the docs
landing page is there.

what say you folks ?

-Sebastien