cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interesting 4.2.1. Issue...
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:22:11 GMT
I'm running 3 mgmt servers on 4.2.1, haven't seen any issues like
that. You can send along your memory settings... here's what I'm
running:

JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=45219
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Xmx2g
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/log/cloudstack/management/ -XX:PermSize=512M
-XX:MaxPermSize=800m

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Michael Phillips
<mphilli7823@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So I have a redundant pair of management servers running on 4.2.1. At least once a day
one of the management servers crashes and the log gets filled with the following messages:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spac0java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptioneCaused
by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectlyCaused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
Remote host closed connection during handshake
> and there are a few others. When the one management server tanks, although the other
management server is up and active, it won't actually process any UI commands until the crashed
server is restarted.  Example of won't process any UI command is create a new instance, create
a new account, etc. After doing some searching I have found that others have noticed java
heap errors in 4.2.1, and the suggested fix is to increase the heap size. I am planning on
increasing it from 2g to 4g, however if the problem is something like a memory leak, then
increasing the heap size will just delay the inevitable. Has anyone else fixed this issue
by increasing the heap size? Or what is the recommended value? **updated...as expected I increased
the heap size from 2g to 4g, and it just took longer for the problem to reoccur...
> In my honest opinion of bigger concern is the fact that when one management server crashes
the other stops functioning as well. So this begs the question of why even bother with a redundant
pair of servers..Anybody else experience this issue? I would love to hear any dev guys opinion
on this....