cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Volume IOPS on fly without detaching the disk feature.
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:12:16 GMT
Wouldn't this be implemented as just changing disk offerings? The
resizeVolume API call already allows you to switch disk offerings, we
just need to add a hook in there to optionally call the storage driver
(If volume is deployed to a primary storage) to make an update to the
iops properties on the backend storage. Come to think of it, depending
on how storage drivers are implementing the iops/limits feature,
resizeVolume might be breaking this, or simply requiring a reboot to
apply. That is, if the storage driver is setting the iops just once
upon volume creation, it's probably breaking when a user moves a disk
between offerings that may have alternate iops limits (this is
probably not the case for hypervisor throttling, as that's applied
from whatever is current when the VM starts up).