cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to detect when deployDataCenter.py has finished provisioning?
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2014 18:17:14 GMT
It looks like a record gets added to the database for the 'tiny Linux'
template when I run:

mvn -P developer -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb

Does running deployDataCenter.py start the template download when the
hosts gets added, or does something else start the download?

Many thanks,

Chris

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Santhosh Edukulla
<santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Ok, deployDataCenter has no command to register template and so further download it by
CS. I believe its the listTemplate API which has a check to verify  related hypervisor for
a template and so list only when hypervisor is available.

> So, as such deployDataCenter is adding a host and you are seeing the template listed
only when it was run to add a host.

> Thanks!
> Santhosh

apiclient )  does verifies the  job status as either completed or failed etc, if the command
is async, in a way runs synchronously from script point of view.

>> Which task you see is running asynchronously from deployDataCenter point of view?
>>
>> Santhosh

either successfully or unsuccessfully?

>>> Preferably, I would like to detect completion using a script, so a manually checking
such as logging in to the UI and checking somewhere will not work for me.

>>> 17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>> 24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>> 16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>> 23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69