cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 4.4 Feature Freeze
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 01:18:33 GMT

[Animesh] That is not right, for 4.3 I had called out feature freeze date clearly and do not
recall new feature added.  IMHO the one challenge as community that we have which has been
raised earlier also is QA contribution is primarily coming from one organization. Most other
folks start taking the release for a spin only after RC2/RC3 or so and then we see additional
issues and more re-spins.  We really have to get all engaged in testing much earlier in the
cycle. Sudha used to call out for help on QA activity but in prior releases I don't think
she got much volunteers. We have huge technical debt and that is not going to go away with
pointing fingers. If a specific scenario is benefiting someone as a user/developer of CloudStack
and it turns out is not guarded with automation sufficiently and regresses in a release shouldn't
the person using it also take some responsibility for safeguarding it with automation?