cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing TAGS
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:53:44 GMT

On Mar 3, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> What does it achieve?  Tags don't cost anything.  The code came from Citrix.  Removing
the TAGS is not going to take that away.

That's true they don't cost a thing, but anyone looking at the tags and not knowing the history
will get confused between cloudstack and cloudplaftorm and will get confused between version
numbers.

I actually think it's almost a case of branding and that we need to protect the cloudstack
brand. At the very least, if you want to keep the tags we should rename them to avoid confusion.

-sebastien

> I like having git metadata in case I need to go find something really old or understand
where the code made its fork.  It doesn't happen often but I do like having the information
if I need it.