cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack implementations
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:02:49 GMT
+1 on this tool.

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: 18 March 2014 11:16
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack implementations

On 03/18/2014 12:07 PM, Marcus wrote:
> Do we have any general stats on how cloudstack is being used? Common
> deployment sizes, largest deployments, etc? I'm curious as to how far
> people have actually scaled it in real deployments, although I realize
> that the info can be proprietary.

Recently at the Ceph project the tool "ceph-brag" was developed. It gathers information about
your Ceph deployment and sends back the information to the project.

Something like this might be nice (opt-in!!) for CloudStack. It can anonymously report things
like:
- Number of Instances
- Number of pods, cluster, hosts
- Number of Primary Storage and their type
- Basic / Advanced Networking

This could all be written into one JSON file which we can submit back to the project.

With this we would get more information about how CloudStack is used.

Obviously, the code will be Open Source so people can see how we gather the information (probably
a lot of SQL selects..) and how we submit it to our servers.

Is that something what you would like?

Wido