cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Just checked in a minor change to the DB
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 03:14:38 GMT
Master to be stable all the times.
We should conclude on the thread about notification on schema changes.
It will be so much pain when about to push the patch and rebased with latest master to test
and figured out that we have to deploy the db again.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Mehta [mailto:Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:46 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Just checked in a minor change to the DB

Marcus - I think the thread has just come up where devs are supposed to publicize the db changes.
As per me this shouldn't be left to the good intentions of devs, instead it should be automated
as some of the folks have suggested.
As a general rule of thumb I always expect master to have new db changes (and also a bit unstable)
so every time I pull I see the changes in the schema file - git log setup/db/db/schema-430to440.sql
and incorporate that.

Thanks,
-Nitin

On 10/03/14 9:40 AM, "Marcus" <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:

>Was actually bitten by another db change today that I hadn't pulled in
>yet:
>
>commit 830328b63da3c720712263d792f0393ea547466d
>Author: Nitin Mehta <nitin.mehta@citrix.com>
>Date:   Wed Mar 5 16:40:44 2014 -0800
>
>    CLOUDSTACK-6199:  Hide action events for Vm/Volume commands when
>the resources have display flag=0.
>    Introduce generic BaseAsync(Vm/Volume)Cmd to make get the flag
>value for logging action events.
>    Rename the db field as display rather than display_event in keeping
>with the convention
>
>I really like the fact that Mike publicized his change and provided the
>exact commands with which to upgrade.
>
>On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Rajesh Battala
><rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:
>> I prefer server side hook because ppl use mail clients in mobiles/web
>>etc and applying client side rules is not effective.
>> And moreover we need to keep exporting this client side rule and
>>associated mail client support is required for the same.
>> Best option is to have a server side hook .
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rajesh Battala

hits on tags
start

> [...]
> [...]