cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Checkstyle Error
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:29:45 GMT
Exactly what I thought, but it doesn't seem to want to work. Perhaps I need to do a "ln" to
usr/libs or something. Either way, I'd be expecting apt-get to give a more insightful error
message.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: 25 March 2014 14:25
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Checkstyle Error

On 03/25/2014 03:19 PM, Alex Hitchins wrote:
> Thanks Wido, checking that now.
>
> Also, one thing you or someone else might be able to assist me with.
>
> I'm getting the following error setting up Maven on Debian. I don't get the issue with
Ubuntu however... any idea?

> # apt-get install maven
> E: Unable to locate package maven

Odd, since the package is there: https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/maven

I however never use Debian, so I'm not sure why it fails.

Wido

> I've opened Synaptic Package Manager and refreshed. Searching for the package Maven,
I see two items that seem to both be installed already. Is the answer to just use Ubuntu?

> Regards
>
> Alex Hitchins
>
> D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969
>
> alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

getting the project it's failing on. This is with supplying -e to maven to give a stack trace.
Is there anything I can configure in Eclipse to enforce these rules too?

> Check the target directory of that project. There is a checkstyle report which tells
you which file and line is to blame.

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.11:check
>> (cloudstack-checkstyle) on project cloud-server: Failed during
>> checkstyle execution: Ther e are 1 checkstyle errors. -> [Help 1]
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.
>> maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.11:check
>> (cloudstack-checkstyle) on project cloud-
>> server: Failed during checkstyle execution
>>

>> Need Enterprise Grade Support for Apache CloudStack?
>> Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>
>> Apache CloudStack Bootcamp training courses
>>
>> **NEW!** CloudStack 4.2.1
>> training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>> 18th-19th February 2014, Brazil.
>> Classroom<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>> 17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
>> On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>> 24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
>> On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>> 16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
>> On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>> 23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
>> On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.