cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOCS] Re: docs question
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:17:47 GMT
Mainly informing myself for archiving purposes :)

We stand at:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration

That's the cleanest I can make it without creating new CNAMEs or changing our repo architecture.

I used those URLs in the new Documentation drop down menu on the site, it looks like this
in staging:

http://cloudstack.staging.apache.org

and as I am typing this, I realized that I actually published the site so it's live, oups….Yell
if you see a problem

I kept a link to the old docs called "Obsolete Docs"

PS:
Thanks, to Pierre Luc, Nux, Geoff and Chris snow who sent pr testing the new workflow.
Thanks to Shankar, Paul, Ian and Tuna for new content already.

On Mar 19, 2014, at 1:48 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2014, at 12:09 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Question #1:
>> ------------------
>>
>> With the new move to RTD we need to agree on a URL naming convention.
>>
>> Currently we have one CNAME that points to RTD site (don't worry about the content
on that page):

>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org
>>
>> Using RTD sub projects features this gives us the following URLs to get to the admin
and install guide.

>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation
>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration
>>
>> The cloudstack-installation and cloudstack-administration are not changeable, RTD
does not allow to change that.

>> Are we fine with this ? It seems a bit long to me.
>>
>> If we are not fine with this, the alternative is to create other CNAMEs via apache
infra to point to those guides.

>> Question #2:
>>
>> What do we want the landing page http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org to have ?
>>
>> On the cloudstack.apache.org website I was thinking of extending the tab to link
to each guide. This would work well with a CNAME per guide.
>> But if we keep a single link to 'DOCS' on our main website, then the question of
the docs landing page is there.