cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] realhostip.com going away
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 20:39:19 GMT
On 07.03.2014 20:28, John Kinsella wrote:
> Soo…I’d recommend against something like Nux’s suggestion below. I’ve
> only looked briefly at VirtualDNS.java, and it looks fine from a
> glance, but I’m willing to bet I can a) DOS it, and b) use it for a
> reflection attack. I could be wrong, don’t really have time to look
> closely, but based on it looking like the design pattern for a basic
> UDP server, I wouldn’t recommend the community to build a network of
> those.

I'd love not having to run that java DNS server, but the alternative is
to add records for all IPs that I am going to use for guest network,
which I imagine will keep increasing in time and this would be difficult
and probably messy.
Isn't realhostip service that Java thing now? How is the name
translation done, if not?

Nux!
www.nux.ro