cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Tripathi <sanjay.tripa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Cloudstack-4322
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:21:53 GMT
Namita,

Exception “Failed to delete domain” comes if there is an error while cleaning up the accounts.
For accounts, there is account.cleanup thread which cleanup up the removed/inactive accounts
but for domain, CS doesn’t has any specific thread to delete inactive domains and thows
the exception back to user. As a fix, we need domain.cleanup thread, so if there is a failure
during deleteDomain with “force” option then CS will not throw any exception and in backend,
this thread will handle the deletion.

--Sanjay

From: Namita Chaudhari [mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:16 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Sanjay Tripathi
Subject: Regarding Cloudstack-4322

Hi Sanjay,

I tried to delete a domain with force option:

1) The domain gets deleted successfully when the accounts under that domain does not need
cleanup.
2) The domain does not get deleted, when the accounts under that domain needs cleanup. It
throws an exception saying "failed to cleanup domain resources and sub domains, delete failed
in domain".

I have attached the screenshot and log file for the same in the jira.

Please let me know your comments.

Thanks and Regards,
--

Namita Chaudhari ● Associate Engineer- Product Development ● SunGard Availability Services,
India ● Mobile: +91 9762922138 ● Email: namita.chaudhari@sungard.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com>

[AS_yt]<http://www.youtube.com/user/SunGardAS>[AS_twitter]<https://twitter.com/SunGardASIN>[AS_in]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/sungardasin>[AS_gplus]<https://plus.google.com/102459878242108588663/>[AS_fb]<https://www.facebook.com/sungardas.in>[AS_ss]<http://www.slideshare.net/SunGardASIN/documents>