cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULTS] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (ninth round)
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:55:50 GMT
I did find some issue - but relatively minor and nothing that could not
have been fixed via UI.

I will open JIRA to address the issues.

In the nutshell, i noticed some UI inconsistency and the way some pages
are presented - this is minor but the issue was seen in both latest
Firefox and Chrome on OSX.

Another issue was related to VMware, if you define vSwitch0 under
physical network labels for MGMT, Public, Guest and Storage, ACS 4.3
looks for a vSwitch named "vSwitch0vSwitch0".

There is "vSwitch0" label that is defined as default in case nothing was
supplied for vSwitch0 name - which is vSpheres default vSwitch, however,
i decided to define it anyway to see what happens - surely enough it
broke. It appears instead of replacing my value defined in UI, ACS
appends my value + default value. As a result, vSwitch0vSwitch0 - is
invalid vSwitch in VMware, and attempts to deploy SysVMs fail. I havent
tried defining other vSwitches because all my test hypervisors only
leverage vSwitch0.

If i undefine the vSwitch0 label, ACS then picks up proper default vSwitch0.