cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] realhostip.com going away
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:04:39 GMT
I mentioned their response on 3/3. Basically "their position is they think they’d be doing
the community a disfavor by passing the torch” (quoting my previous email, not a direct
quote from them but this is their position)

The realhostip cert provides a false sense of security, so I can’t think of a reason why
I’d want to convince Citrix to change their current course.

Adding the appropriate entries to a provider’s existing DNS server is not a big deal and
should be easily scriptable. If a provider has several class C blocks they have to add, then
they REALLY shouldn’t be using realhostip.com, anyways.

Any energy put into properly setting up a community resolver would be much better spent helping
others migrate away from realhostip.com.