cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Saksham Srivastava <saksham.srivast...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Storage OverProvisioning as Per Primary Basis
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:58:14 GMT
Hi,
Created review request at https://reviews.apache.org/r/19036/
Tested the common scenarios and added Marvin test for the same.

Thanks,
Saksham

-----Original Message-----
From: Saksham Srivastava [mailto:saksham.srivastava@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 4:56 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [PROPOSAL] Storage OverProvisioning as Per Primary Basis

Koushik/Mike,
Thanks for comments.

The current behavior is that we calculate the totalOverProvCapacity (storage.overprovisioning.factor
* total storage capacity) for the destination PS.
When volume is being migrated across PS, the destination PS must have a higher totalOverProvCapacity
than the expected total allocated space.

This feature will be on same lines as the current behavior except that now the storage.overprovisioning.factor
will be a configurable parameter for the PS.

I will include this information with more detailed capacity computation along with more explanation
on upgrade scenarios as soon as cwiki comes up.

As Mike pointed out, we can have Primary Storages at 3 levels : Local Storage (HOST), Cluster
Storage(CLUSTER) ,  ZWPS (ZONE).
Storage scope was introduced for enhancing Granularity for configuration parameters in 4.2,
so it would be good to use the same as an individual per-primary setting instead of multi
scopes.

Thanks,
Saksham