cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject ALARM - ACS reboots host servers!!!
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 21:17:48 GMT
Hello guys,

I've recently came across the bug CLOUDSTACK-5429 which has rebooted all of my host servers
without properly shutting down the guest vms. I've simply upgraded and rebooted one of the
nfs primary storage servers and a few minutes later, to my horror, i've found out that all
of my host servers have been rebooted. Is it just me thinking so, or is this bug should be
fixed ASAP and should be a blocker for any new ACS release. I mean not only does it cause
downtime, but also possible data loss and server corruption.

Not sure if one can wait for another year or so until 4.4 is out which may or may not have
the fix for this serious issue. From the bug report it seems that this problem is assigned
to Edison Su.

Edison, could you please get in touch to discuss a possible temporary fix to this problem
as this is causing a number of issues.

Does anyone know if you can block the reboot request initiated by the cloudstack agent on
the OS level?

Many thanks for any help

Andrei