cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: BUG report: Excessive use of LVM snapshots on XenServer, that leads to snapshot failure and unnecessary disk usage.
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:24:45 GMT
F.

I notice that one of the issues is on version 4.1.1. A lot of work at the moment is going
into the next release, 4.3. It might be an idea to try the latest RC and see if the issues
are already resolved.

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10 February 2014 10:37
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: BUG report: Excessive use of LVM snapshots on XenServer, that leads to snapshot
failure and unnecessary disk usage.

Thank you for your answer Daan.

How can one attract interest of developers?
One would think, that non-working basic functionality (eg. snapshots), should be an interesting
topic for all developers.

As would also be unnecessary killing of VMs like in my bug from: 4.Jul.2013:

Or disabling open recursive DNS resolvers:

etc..

Hopefully someone will read this mail and take some actions.
I'm sure i would contribute code, if i knew java. :-) So i contribute the only whey i can,
which is testing.

Regards,
F.