cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Browser-based template and volume uploads
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:34:16 GMT
On 19.02.2014 22:12, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The fact that one has to have a HTTP server to host templates before
> the templates can be imported into secondary storage is an
> inconvenience. I am not sure how much of an inconvenience it is, but I
> was asked to detail the technical architecture, if it needed to be
> supported. Certainly, I can imagine for folks coming in contact with
> ACS for the first time, it might seem onerous to set up another web
> server.
>
> I've sketched a strawman proposal [1] to support browser-based
> uploads of templates and volumes to secondary storage.
> It is not yet a PROPOSAL since it is still raw (and I do not have
> time to work on this immediately).
>
> Please comment on this.
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/jY5cAg

A small request, can we enhance this feature so that it will generate
multiple templates with different storage?
For example now when I add a Linux template it has to be in different
sizes: 10GB, 20GB, 40GB, 100GB, 200GB etc. Another round of templates
for say Windows, another for eg Linux+CPanel and so on and so forth. I
end up adding tons of templates (really one of my biggest pet peeves
with ACS) whereas with the same setup in openstack or onapp I just need
to add 3.

Nux!
www.nux.ro