cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (fourth round) UPDATE
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:43:39 GMT
Animesh,

As I understand it the API isn't causing breaking changes where I thought it was, so I revert
my -1 on the issue.

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Animesh Chaturvedi [mailto:animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com]
Sent: 13 February 2014 05:29
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: daan Hoogland; Murali Reddy; Kishan Kavala; Sudha Ponnaganti; Jayapal Reddy Uradi; Paul
Angus; nux@li.nux.ro; Jayapal Reddy Uradi
Subject: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (fourth round) UPDATE

While the official 72 hours or rather 3 weekdays for this VOTE has passed and we have required
+1 (binding) votes following issues have been called out:

1. CLOUDSTACK-6083 : Missing CIDRs in firewall rules after upgrade  => Waiting on Jayapal
to confirm and update the list with findings 2. CLOUDSTACK-6069: VPC with private gateway
not working called out by Daan => No change was expected in this area, I am following up
with some folks (Murali, Kishan, Daan, Sudha) on if this is a setup specific issue or not.
Daan has a put a -1 but has indicated will continue to use 4.3 if VOTE passes 3. CLOUDSTACK-6065:
KVM HA not working for shutdown VMs => While an issue but my understanding is it is a corner
scenario only affecting KVM and can be released  as a known issue 4. API compatibility broken
=> As per the discussion thread [4] and response from Devdeep and Min the compatibility
is not broken. So not an issue

I would wait to  hear on 1) and 2)  before deciding moving on to release or respin, folks
associated with 1,2 please provide your inputs.

Counting the votes so far:
+1: Marcus*, Animesh*, Edison*, Santhosh, Talluri, Amogh
-1: Paul Angus, Nux, Alex Hitchins, Daan*

* indicated binding votes.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6083
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6069
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6065