cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DOCS][DISCUSS] heads-up main docs repo refactor
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:57:08 GMT
Thanks Sebastien.

Let me cross-verify all my 4.3 feature docs are submitted. Once 4.3 is out, I can spend some
time on learning RST.

-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:48 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Animesh Chaturvedi; Hugo Trippaers; Dave Cahill; Yoshikazu Nojima
Subject: Re: [DOCS][DISCUSS] heads-up main docs repo refactor

On Feb 20, 2014, at 6:11 PM, Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From Citrix-perspective, this is going to be effort intensive considering the current
head count for documentation.

> For 4.3, we would like to continue with DocBook, as per our earlier consensus.
>
> I shall come back with a concrete plan soon after completing the 4.3 feature documentation.

> Hope it works. Thanks for your patience.
>
> -Radhika

Radhika, I went through all the commits on master and 4.3 branch and made sure I ported everything
to RTD.
We are good to go up to your latest commit on Feb 6th: 58ec1d0091f80845412b42543191acc1e976383b

There are some issues with the content, I see a missing file. So I ported what I could and
left some.

So from my standpoint we can switch to RTD now for all docs (master and 4.3 content is all
in).
The RN are ready, the install guide is ready, most of the dev guide is ready and I should
be done today.
That leaves the admin guide to format but I will start today and should be done before 4.3
is voted.

Bottom line all commits have been migrated to RTD and .rst format.

-Sebastien

cloudstack-docs with a temporary move to the /archive dir .

> *My thought is to keep the cloudstack-docs repo for a "catch all" docs where people can
contribute "guides" that stand on their own, while the admin and install repos are for the
complete guides that we need to improve as complete end-to-end docs.

> * @Radhika you are mostly the only one writing in docbook, when do you feel comfortable
switching to .rst ? I am willing to help clean up the period when we have a few left over
docbook commits that need to be merged in .rst. But we do need to have date at which point
we make docbook "obsolete". I have already started going through your last 10 commits to make
sure the content is in the new format.