cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DOCS][DISCUSS] heads-up main docs repo refactor
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:11:00 GMT
Hi,

>From Citrix-perspective, this is going to be effort intensive considering the current
head count for documentation.

For 4.3, we would like to continue with DocBook, as per our earlier consensus.

I shall come back with a concrete plan soon after completing the 4.3 feature documentation.

Hope it works. Thanks for your patience.

-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:50 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Radhika Puthiyetath
Cc: Animesh Chaturvedi; Hugo Trippaers; Dave Cahill; Yoshikazu Nojima
Subject: [DOCS][DISCUSS] heads-up main docs repo refactor

Hi,

With the change of format for docs, I have started to refactor the main docs repo "cloudstack-docs.git"

The allocator,midonet,nicira,qig,vxlan and release notes guides have been converted to .rst
format.

I am moving the docbook version of these guides into an /archive directory for the time being.

I will move my github repo that is used to build http://cloudstack.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
to the main docs repo.

The release notes now have their main repo and are up to date for 4.3 release.

Now for the [DISCUSS] part:

* The install and admin guides also have their own repo so we could remove them from cloudstack-docs
with a temporary move to the /archive dir .

*My thought is to keep the cloudstack-docs repo for a "catch all" docs where people can contribute
"guides" that stand on their own, while the admin and install repos are for the complete guides
that we need to improve as complete end-to-end docs.

* @Radhika you are mostly the only one writing in docbook, when do you feel comfortable switching
to .rst ? I am willing to help clean up the period when we have a few left over docbook commits
that need to be merged in .rst. But we do need to have date at which point we make docbook
"obsolete". I have already started going through your last 10 commits to make sure the content
is in the new format.

thoughts,

-Sebastien