cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.eduku...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Removing deploy\load options from marvinplugin
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:25:03 GMT
1. code restructuring ,definitely yes, it makes little neat and plugin does not worry much
about deploy altogether.  Take an example of load option, it is little redundant i believe,
if user passes the deploy flag,  deploy should work and continue, if  not passed should be
treated as work with loading provided configuration and continue with no deploy. Even, for
redeploying, user can still use deployDC, we don't exit cleanly in a way if deployDC has an
issue.  The main reason behind this is providing some fine tuner logging for test modules
not worrying about the logs when deployDC runs as part of marvinplugin. I have seen people
currently run individual test suites post deployDC separately. Is there  a case explicitly
for redploying with same configuration and i believe if so it breaks, if its a new cofiguration
then its a new deploy altogether. To make plugin init, start cleaner this makes to remove.
   Tying nosetests plugin to few things other than tests is also little confusing.

2. Exporting a datacenter option would be an idea i believe best fits for cloudstack, this
i have raised in a mail thread earlier, where user can export or import configuration for
a datacenter. So, that once exported can tweak few parameters and reimport. This will help
create second datacenter with similar configuration easy and store his existing configuration
as well, it will help other areas of  automation as well.

3. Not sure, why we need to use marvinplugin for simulator deployDC?  we can still use deployDC
and run tests against the similator. Currently, also i have seen we use unittest load and
run as part of mvn profile for simulator. Any places where marvinplugin is used for simulator?
For devcloud, do we run nosetests using marvinplugin or run deployDC separately, if its a
case we can remove there as well.

Regards,
Santhosh