cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] adding volume provisioning method option
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 06:29:34 GMT
I don't think there needs to be a lot of engineering around this, we
can probably just turn on preallocation=metadata by default.

If there are any other options/features you want to add (such as
preallocation=full), they can simply be turned on via agent.properties
and/or global/hypervisor/cluster config settings.

If you want control for per-disk settings, you'd probably have to add
it to disk offerings. I don't really think that's necessary, but some
may find it useful.

Note that templates are copied in place as-is for qcow2, so however
the original template was created will remain intact. However, it's
just a backing file so the new qcow2 that stores changes will need to
have settings as well.

>>> www.nux.ro