cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject faketime?
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:00:41 GMT
LS,

Why do we use faketime in the template conversion for xen? It seems unnecessary.

$ faketime 2010-01-01 vhd-util convert -s 0 -t 1 -i img.raw -o stagefixed.vhd
Fail to get source file size.
Fail to convert RAW disk to VHD fixed disk.

$ faketime 2014-01-01 vhd-util convert -s 0 -t 1 -i img.raw -o stagefixed.vhd
Fail to get source file size.
Fail to convert RAW disk to VHD fixed disk.

$ vhd-util convert -s 0 -t 1 -i img.raw -o stagefixed.vhd
NOTE: For better performance, we will do the overwritten convert!
Done! Convert to stagefixed.vhd.

the second call of faketime is not in the way, so I don't mind that one;)

--
Daan