cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 21:19:37 GMT
I have pulled it into next RC but for each fix going in 4.3-forward I want to see a matching
bugId. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 5:26 AM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: Rajesh Battala; Animesh Chaturvedi
> Subject: RE: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> 
> Thanks Devdeep,
> 
> @Animesh, can we make sure the patch gets into the next RC please.
> 
> Many thanks
> 
> Paul.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Devdeep Singh [mailto:devdeep.singh@citrix.com]
> Sent: 07 February 2014 12:13
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: Rajesh Battala
> Subject: RE: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> 
> Hi Paul,
> 
> Looks like you are using untagged vlan in your setup. There was a bug in
> agent code with respect to that. Rajesh made a fix for it in commit-id
> 7df148c762510f669b60edff9d8d690c800b1f95 few days back. This fix should
> address the problem.
> 
> Regards,
> Devdeep
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: Friday, February 7, 2014 4:55 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> 
> Thanks for the info Devdeep,
> 
> so yes the systemvm iso is getting copied to the local disk, but I'm getting the
> following error:
> 
> 
> ERROR HypervResource.HypervResourceController [6b05182a-efa1-4105-
> bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - com.cloud.agent.api.StartCommand fail on
> exceptionObject reference not set to an instance of an object.
> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
> an object.
>    at HypervResource.WmiCallsV2.DeployVirtualMachine(Object jsonObj,
> String systemVmIso)
>    at HypervResource.HypervResourceController.StartCommand(Object cmd)
> 
> agent log:
> 
> 
> 2014-02-07 11:19:56,685 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Going ahead with create VM s-27-VM, 1
> vcpus, 512MB RAM
> 2014-02-07 11:19:56,716 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Created VM s-27-VM
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,075 [28] INFO  HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - VM with display name s-27-VM has GUID
> 9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,075 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Resources for vm s-27-VM: 512 MB memory,
> 1 vcpus
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,106 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - New controller type Microsoft:Hyper-
> V:Synthetic SCSI Controller WMI path is \\WIN-
> G23HSIAIU4O\root\virtualization\v2:Msvm_ResourceAllocationSettingData.I
> nstanceID="Microsoft:9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4\\57035109-
> ED28-4F65-8BCB-487CFC66F8E8\\0"s
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,106 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Going to create s-27-VM with attached
> voluem ROOT-27 at \\10.0.1.27\hypervPri\stor\Primary\ROOT-27.vhd
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,106 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Create disk type Microsoft:Hyper-V:Synthetic
> Disk Drive (Named: ROOT-27), on vm s-27-VM , inserting
> disk\\10.0.1.27\hypervPri\stor\Primary\ROOT-27.vhd
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,106 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Creating DISK for VM s-27-VM (GUID
> 9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4) by attaching
> \\10.0.1.27\hypervPri\stor\Primary\ROOT-27.vhd
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,403 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Creating disk drive type Microsoft:Hyper-
> V:Synthetic Disk Drive, parent IDE controller is \\WIN-
> G23HSIAIU4O\root\virtualization\v2:Msvm_ResourceAllocationSettingData.I
> nstanceID="Microsoft:9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4\\83F8638B-
> 8DCA-4152-9EDA-2CA8B33039B4\\0" and address on controller is 0
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,418 [28] DEBUG HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - New disk drive type Microsoft:Hyper-
> V:Synthetic Disk Drive WMI path is \\WIN-
> G23HSIAIU4O\root\virtualization\v2:Msvm_ResourceAllocationSettingData.I
> nstanceID="Microsoft:9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4\\83F8638B-
> 8DCA-4152-9EDA-2CA8B33039B4\\0\\0\\D"s
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,574 [28] INFO  HypervResource.WmiCallsV2 [6b05182a-
> efa1-4105-bc5c-0a49c55674f0] - Created disk \\WIN-
> G23HSIAIU4O\root\virtualization\v2:Msvm_StorageAllocationSettingData.Ins
> tanceID="Microsoft:9E6D3606-8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4\\83F8638B-
> 8DCA-4152-9EDA-2CA8B33039B4\\0\\0\\L" for VM s-27-VM (GUID 9E6D3606-
> 8210-4E84-8796-BEB7970785F4), image
> \\10.0.1.27\hypervPri\stor\Primary\ROOT-27.vhd
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,574 [28] ERROR
> HypervResource.HypervResourceController [6b05182a-efa1-4105-bc5c-
> 0a49c55674f0] - com.cloud.agent.api.StartCommand fail on exceptionObject
> reference not set to an instance of an object.
> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
> an object.
>    at HypervResource.WmiCallsV2.DeployVirtualMachine(Object jsonObj,
> String systemVmIso)
>    at HypervResource.HypervResourceController.StartCommand(Object cmd)
> 2014-02-07 11:19:57,574 [28] INFO
> HypervResource.HypervResourceController [6b05182a-efa1-4105-bc5c-
> 0a49c55674f0] - {
>   "com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer": {
>     "result": false,
>     "details": "com.cloud.agent.api.StartCommand fail on exceptionObject
> reference not set to an instance of an object.",
>     "vm": {
>       "id": 27,
>       "name": "s-27-VM",
>       "type": "SecondaryStorageVm",
>       "cpus": 1,
>       "minSpeed": 125,
>       "maxSpeed": 500,
>       "minRam": 536870912,
>       "maxRam": 536870912,
>       "arch": "x86_64",
>       "os": "Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (64-bit)",
>       "bootArgs": " template=domP type=secstorage host=10.0.100.4
> port=8250 name=s-27-VM zone=1 pod=1 guid=s-27-VM
> resource=org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResou
> rce instance=SecStorage sslcopy=true role=templateProcessor mtu=1500
> eth2ip=10.0.106.1 eth2mask=255.255.0.0 gateway=10.0.1.1
> eth0ip=169.254.0.63 eth0mask=255.255.0.0 eth1ip=10.0.106.248
> eth1mask=255.255.0.0 mgmtcidr=10.0.0.0/16 localgw=10.0.1.1
> private.network.device=eth1 eth3ip=10.0.106.249 eth3mask=255.255.0.0
> storageip=10.0.106.249 storagenetmask=255.255.0.0
> storagegateway=10.0.1.1 internaldns1=10.0.1.2 dns1=10.0.1.2",
>       "rebootOnCrash": false,
>       "enableHA": false,
>       "limitCpuUse": false,
>       "enableDynamicallyScaleVm": false,
>       "vncPassword": "38e8aeeea9cd60eb",
>       "params": {
>         "memoryOvercommitRatio": "1.0",
>         "cpuOvercommitRatio": "4.0"
>       },
>       "uuid": "6f2b4fce-ad17-46a5-a894-f7c92aa8122b",
>       "disks": [
>         {
>           "data": {
>             "org.apache.cloudstack.storage.to.VolumeObjectTO": {
>               "uuid": "61ce74dc-6f44-4244-ad35-8c440e14cd0a",
>               "volumeType": "ROOT",
>               "dataStore": {
>                 "org.apache.cloudstack.storage.to.PrimaryDataStoreTO": {
>                   "uuid": "956abad9-77b4-33cc-9b6f-05a29b68bc3d",
>                   "id": 3,
>                   "poolType": "NetworkFilesystem",
>                   "host": "10.0.1.27",
>                   "path":
> "/hypervPri/stor/Primary?user=hyperv&domain=angusnet.local",
>                   "port": 445,
>                   "url":
> "NetworkFilesystem://10.0.1.27//hypervPri/stor/Primary?user=hyperv&doma
> in=angusnet.local/?ROLE=Primary&STOREUUID=956abad9-77b4-33cc-9b6f-
> 05a29b68bc3d"
>                 }
>               },
>               "name": "ROOT-27",
>               "size": 0,
>               "path": "\\\\10.0.1.27\\hypervPri\\stor\\Primary\\ROOT-27.vhd",
>               "volumeId": 27,
>               "vmName": "s-27-VM",
>               "accountId": 1,
>               "format": "VHD",
>               "id": 27,
>               "deviceId": 0,
>               "hypervisorType": "Hyperv"
>             }
>           },
>           "diskSeq": 0,
>           "path": "\\\\10.0.1.27\\hypervPri\\stor\\Primary\\ROOT-27.vhd",
>           "type": "ROOT",
>           "_details": {
>             "managed": "false",
>             "storagePort": "445",
>             "storageHost": "10.0.1.27",
>             "volumeSize": "0"
>           }
>         }
>       ],
>       "nics": [
>         {
>           "deviceId": 2,
>           "networkRateMbps": -1,
>           "defaultNic": true,
>           "uuid": "4d1e7e7d-4ea8-4caf-b50d-48388e157880",
>           "ip": "10.0.106.1",
>           "netmask": "255.255.0.0",
>           "gateway": "10.0.1.1",
>           "mac": "06:ad:e4:00:00:0f",
>           "dns1": "10.0.1.2",
>           "broadcastType": "Native",
>           "type": "Guest",
>           "broadcastUri": "vlan://untagged",
>           "isSecurityGroupEnabled": false
>         },
>         {
>           "deviceId": 0,
>           "networkRateMbps": -1,
>           "defaultNic": false,
>           "uuid": "03cca24d-d6ff-4852-81a0-9004f30e5b76",
>           "ip": "169.254.0.63",
>           "netmask": "255.255.0.0",
>           "gateway": "169.254.0.1",
>           "mac": "0e:00:a9:fe:00:3f",
>           "broadcastType": "LinkLocal",
>           "type": "Control",
>           "isSecurityGroupEnabled": false
>         },
>         {
>           "deviceId": 1,
>           "networkRateMbps": -1,
>           "defaultNic": false,
>           "uuid": "6c5b1433-a390-4e0d-a4f6-37569463e9b4",
>           "ip": "10.0.106.248",
>           "netmask": "255.255.0.0",
>           "gateway": "10.0.1.1",
>           "mac": "06:08:d8:00:00:09",
>           "broadcastType": "Native",
>           "type": "Management",
>           "isSecurityGroupEnabled": false
>         },
>         {
>           "deviceId": 3,
>           "networkRateMbps": -1,
>           "defaultNic": false,
>           "uuid": "c1bcc2d2-05f6-4d31-aeb9-31bb99f8d20a",
>           "ip": "10.0.106.249",
>           "netmask": "255.255.0.0",
>           "gateway": "10.0.1.1",
>           "mac": "06:29:7e:00:00:0a",
>           "broadcastType": "Native",
>           "type": "Storage",
>           "isSecurityGroupEnabled": false
>         }
>       ]
>     },
>     "contextMap": {}
>   }
> }
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Devdeep Singh [mailto:devdeep.singh@citrix.com]
> Sent: 07 February 2014 11:18
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> 
> Hi Paul,
> 
> For hyper-v, if older systemvm iso is present with the same name then it'll
> not get updated. You can remove the systemvm directory from secondary
> storage. Also on you hyper-v host, systemvm.iso gets put on
> <RootDrive>:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V directory. You can delete it.
> When a system vm (ssvm or consolve proxy or router vm) is started, it'll get
> copied over.
> 
> Regards,
> Devdeep
> 
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: Friday, February 7, 2014 4:35 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> 
> Have any changes been made to the deployment of the systemvm-4.3.0.iso
> between RC2 and RC3 ??
> 
> I can't get a system VMs to fully start in hyperv or xenserver - all issues seem
> to relate to the systemvm-4.3.0.iso - which doesn't seem to be making across
> to primary storage in hyper-v or properly configuring the secondary storage
> VM under xenserver...
> 
> Regards
> 
> Paul Angus
> Senior Consultant / Cloud Architect
> 
> [cid:image002.png@01CE1071.C6CC9C10]
> 
> S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M:
> +4<tel:+447968161581>47711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com<mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com> |
> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> |
> Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/>
> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
> 
> Need Enterprise Grade Support for Apache CloudStack?
> Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-
> infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack
> Environments.
> 
> Apache CloudStack Bootcamp training courses
> 
> **NEW!** CloudStack 4.2.1 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-
> training/>
> 18th-19th February 2014, Brazil.
> Classroom<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-
> line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-
> line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-
> line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-
> line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
> Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
> Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a
> registered trademark.
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
> Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
> Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a
> registered trademark.
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
> Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
> Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a
> registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message