cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 4.4 Feature Freeze
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 05:49:29 GMT
+1 for the 3/28 Feature Freeze.
If we try to close on the Feature Freeze sooner than when we are ready, we will end up finding
more blockers/criticals and end up spending more time on bug fixing.  This could potentially
result in moving the RC?
So, bottom line - it is like we pay now or pay later!

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:54 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: 4.4 Feature Freeze

Perhaps we just need to reduce overlap. Most people work on 4.3 until it's out the door, I
think. Personally, I have a hard time straddling the two during this phase.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Ram Ganesh <Ram.Ganesh@citrix.com> wrote:
> I agree on the RC process! Few thoughts from my end
>
>         - I see a rush of "request to cherry pick 4.3" requests from committers. This
may be a burden for an RM. We can simplify it by RM responding to the email with "OK to commit"
or "Not ok to commit" email response. This should free up some time for RM to concentrate
on other critical issues
>         - Between 2 RC cycles we need to have enough time so that
> other blocker bugs are identified and we finalize only these need to
> be fixed in the next RC cycle. What we found is new blocker issues are
> raised during every RC cycle. Also we need to take a hard look at the
> bug raised during these RC cycle and do a reality check if these are
> actually blocker bugs or can be fixed in one of our maintenance
> builds\cycles
>
> If my memory serves better during 4.1 release we had an opposite
> problem wherein we though developers moved on with 4.2 release and
> thereby impacting the quality of 4.1 release. I would say we should be
> flexible with our dates but definitely not way off the radar
>
> Thanks,
> RamG

push out feature

development cycles