cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (sixth round)
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:02:21 GMT
Hyper-V template is generated from the Jenkins job and same is tested and specified here.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Trippie [mailto:trippie@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hugo Trippaers
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:18 PM
To: <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (sixth round)

Animesh,

Before we agree to use these templates, please detail how these are build. The current process
is not transparent to the developer community so for now i'm -1 on using these templates.
The process should be clear end-to-end before we can reasonably be expected to vote on a release
as the templates are an integral part of the release and should include scripts and artifacts
from the release being voted on.

As demonstrated by the bugs found in CLOUDSTACK-5883 the procedure that is currently part
of our community template build process is not the actual procedure used to build the systemVMs
that are made available to the community. Before we proceed with the release we need to make
sure that the systemvm build is part of the community process and thus part of the vote we
are having. How can we reasonably expect somebody to vote on a release when part of the release
is not done in the open?

Cheers,

Hugo

On 20 feb. 2014, at 01:10, Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:

> Folks
>
> I want to clear up the confusion on system templates for 4.3
>

> We had fixed the templates to be used in 4.3 and reflected the links in cloudstack database
after uploading to download.cloud.com

> Here are the links:
>

> HyperV: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2013-12-23-hyperv.vhd.bz2
>
> KVM: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-kvm.qcow2.bz2
>
> VMWare: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-vmware.ova
>
> Xen: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-xen.vhd.bz2
>

> Unless there is a discussed change that requires updating the templates we use these
published templates for 4.3.

> I am still waiting on feedback for this RC.
>

> Thanks
>
> Animesh

VOTE has just one isolated fix in Nicira from previous RC, I would like to close the VOTE
sooner by Thursday morning PST (36 hours). Please call out if you want to stick to 72 hour
(3 working day) period.