cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2013 Mentor Registration
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:06:12 GMT
Folks,

ASF has been accepted has a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2014.

If you are interested and have the time to be a mentor for a CloudStack project please see
below to register as a mentor.
Also enter your project idea in JIRA and tag it with 'gsoc2014'

Currently Mike Tutkowski and I are planning to mentor.

-Sebastien

Begin forwarded message:

and podlings. If you aren’t already subscribed to mentors@community.apache.org (formerly
code-awards@apache.org) you should do so now else you might miss important information.

> Mentor signup requires two steps: mentor signup in Melange and PMC acknowledgement.
>
> If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to
>
> 1. Be an Apache committer.
> 2. Register with Melange and set up a profile [3].
> 3. Add your username (formerly known as link_id) to [4]. This is NOT your email address
but your
> Melange username. You can find it at the top of any page once you are logged in.
> 4. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to mentor projects. Use
the below
> template and do not forget to copy mentors@community.apache.org.
> 5. Once a PMC member acknowledges the request to mentor, and only then, go to [5] and
send a connection request.

> PMCs, read carefully please.
>
> We request that each mentor is acknowledged by a PMC member. This is to ensure the mentor
is in good
> standing with the community. When you receive a request for acknowledgement, please ACK
it and cc
> mentors@community.apache.org
>
> Lastly, it is not yet too late to record your ideas in Jira (see my previous emails for
details). Students will now begin to explore ideas so if you haven’t already done so, record
your ideas immediately!