cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Devdeep Singh <devdeep.si...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: API Calls with key value pairs (Details)
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:24:33 GMT
The user name and password were never there in the key value pair for creating storage pool.
This was done for adding smb as a primary storage and was done in 4.3 (adding smb as a pool
type wasn't available in earlier release).

Initially user details were passed in the url query string (for smb). However, it would mean
adding a password with special characters could fail if the password wasn't encoded and then
the entire url encoded again. So I updated it to pass smb user information in details. This
is required only if a storage pool being added is of type smb.

Regards,
Devdeep

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:56 PM
To: Paul Angus
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: API Calls with key value pairs (Details)

On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:25 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I've noticed that a few newer API commands are requiring a slightly different format,
which is to require a details parameter.

> # cloudmonkey create storagepool scope=cluster clusterid=$CLUSTERID name=Pri1 podid=$POD1ID
zoneid=$ZONEID provider=smb url='"cifs://10.0.1.27/hypervPri/stor/Primary?user=hyperv&password=hyperv13!&domain=angusnet.local"'

> : Failed to add data store: Missing cifs user and password details. Add them as details
parameter.

Can you set the user and password as regular key value pair, or does it need to be in a detail
dict ?
How did it work with 4.2.x ?
Can you identify a commit that changed the behavior ?

> And from my S3 testing yesterday:
>
> addImageStore&response=json&sessionkey=sctphRL69EJ5RZdAWIrzfZH7jIo%3D&
> name=S3Storage&provider=S3&details%5B0%5D.key=accesskey&details%5B0%5D
> .value=AKIAJBYAOXAE7JJYBKEQ&details%5B1%5D.key=secretkey&details%5B1%5
> D.value=3F76mmMubsZohZAnPutLkxK9adA1XQNBQAMUdv%2FO&details%5B2%5D.key=
> bucket&details%5B2%5D.value=cloudstack-sec-stor&details%5B3%5D.key=use
> https&details%5B3%5D.value=true&details%5B4%5D.key=endpoint&details%5B
> 4%5D.value=s3.amazonaws.com&_=1392125369653
>
> API Docs:
> addImageStoreExample:
> details[0].key=accesskey&details[0].value=s389ddssaa&details[1].key=se
> cretkey&details[1].value=8dshfsss
>
> The format seems very cumbersome compared to accesskey=<value> secretkey=<value>
- has this been a community decision to move in this direction that I've missed?

First time that I see this, and yes it seems cumbersome and against prior design.

-sebastien