cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From France <mailingli...@isg.si>
Subject Error: The snapshot chain is too long
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:54:27 GMT
Hi,

i'm using CS 4.1.1 on XS6.0.2 + Hotfixes up to XS602E026.
Recently one of our volumes will not get new snapshots created, because
of this error:

WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-278:)
ManageSnapshotCommand operation: create Failed for snapshotId: 478,
reason: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_109The snapshot chain is too long
SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_109The snapshot chain is too long

If I check in XenCenter, there are around 30 disks like
VM_ROOT-NUM_20140121020342.
If i check cloudstack GUI there are only 8 snapshots visible.
There are also two errors listed, which i would like to remove.

How can i reduce the snapshot chain?
Why didn't the old snapshots in the chain get removed?
Who's job it is to remove those, Cloudstacks or XenServers?
How can I display the snapshot chain for ROOT-NUM?

Any answers will be appreciated.
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
F.