cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: CLOUDSTACK-5406
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:23:39 GMT
Sanjay,

On 2/3/2014, 2:02 AM, Sanjay Tripathi wrote:
> Francois,
>
> First can you check if there are disks waiting to expunge. If there are, then the primary
storage count will get reduced once the disks gets expunged.
When I go in the database, I do have couple volumes in the "Destroy"
state, 2 of them are associated with my account, but they aren't showing
in the UI??

> Also, apart from primary_storage count, can you check the volume count.
                u'vmrunning': 2,
                u'vmtotal': 2,
                u'volumeavailable': u'Unlimited',
                u'volumelimit': u'Unlimited',
                u'volumetotal': 5,

I see 3 volumes on the UI, but the resource count has 5. Still, if I
look at the resource count, it says 301GB. If I do this:

 > select SUM(size) from volumes where account_id = 5 and state !=
"Expunged";

I get 286638735360 bytes, which is 286ish GB. It doesn't make sense. Now
digging a little further, I noticed there is a volume in the Destroy
state with an appended 0 to the size:

| 36 |          5 |         2 |    NULL |         NULL |          28
|         0 | ROOT-28 | af79dbcc-a46c-4609-aed7-b42d26c45ebe | ->>
214748364800 <<- | NULL   | NULL                                 |
NULL |              1 | NULL       | NULL    | ROOT        | NULL
|                6 |        NULL | NULL
|           0 | 2014-01-30 14:38:16 | NULL     | 2014-01-30 14:38:24 |
2014-01-30 14:38:24 | Destroy | NULL       |            1 | NULL
|                   NULL |    211 |              0 | VHD    | NULL |
NULL |

It should be 20GB, not 200GB since it has been created with the default
template.

What is happening here? :)

Francois

> --Sanjay

causes and errors are similar to what I see for primary storage.

> Here are the information you requested.
>
> {u'account': [{u'accounttype': 0,
>                  u'cpuavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'cpulimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'cputotal': 0,
>                  u'domain': u'Prod',
>                  u'domainid': u'c18ac2cf-f74c-45a3-a412-368ed0310686',
>                  u'id': u'6c48bca4-7b9a-4939-a189-cfc7fe7229b2',
>                  u'ipavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'iplimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'iptotal': 1,
>                  u'isdefault': False,
>                  u'memoryavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'memorylimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'memorytotal': 0,
>                  u'name': u'Operations',
>                  u'networkavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'networklimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'networktotal': 1,
> *               u'primarystorageavailable': u'Unlimited',**
> **               u'primarystoragelimit': u'Unlimited',**
> **               u'primarystoragetotal': 236,*
>                  u'projectavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'projectlimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'projecttotal': 0,
>                  u'receivedbytes': 3133532,
>                  u'secondarystorageavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'secondarystoragelimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'secondarystoragetotal': 0,
>                  u'sentbytes': 87766,
>                  u'snapshotavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'snapshotlimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'snapshottotal': 0,
>                  u'state': u'enabled',
>                  u'templateavailable': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'templatelimit': u'Unlimited',
>                  u'templatetotal': 0,
>                  u'user': [{u'account': u'Operations',
>
> There is currently no VMs running for this account, and the command outputs 236GB. So
when I try to spin a new VM I get:

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com