cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapune...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Granular Controller Support in CloudStack over VMware deployments
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:27:26 GMT

the templates carry no meta information.  This means
> templates should carry meta information regarding the os image and how to support it.
 This should not specifically target vmware.  It can
> benefit all other hypervisors.  I know Anthony's also been working on something similar
for XenServer.  I suggest you guys get together and
> think about the right approach to abstract this and how to pass this information to the
hypervisor from the template.

Sure. My current proposal is to leverage details property of template, which would be persisted
to template_details table.

> --Alex

OS using the ISO.