cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapune...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 (sixth round)
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:23:47 GMT
Hugo,

I manually prepared the 64-bit systemvm template via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-4864.

In the JIRA bug I explained the issues with the default template and also attached the modified
OVF file as well. I can add a wiki page explaining the exact changes done.  I looked at the
changes you made as part of 5883 and observe the following issues which need to be resolved.
Let me know.

>From the autogenerated template, the operating system section is referring to guest os
id for vbox environment which is not correctly mapping to the right guest OS on ESXi hypervisor.
This eventually resulting in the Debian 64bit system VM to be deployed as 32-bit otherLinux
VM on ESXi.
---
    <OperatingSystemSection ovf:id="96">
      <Info>The kind of installed guest operating system</Info>
      <Description>Debian_64</Description>
      <vbox:OSType ovf:required="false">Debian_64</vbox:OSType>
---
Also it still has Vbox specific sections which may not make sense to vCenter. Ofcourse this
would not block deployment of the template in itself. Removing this section ( <vbox:Machine>...</vbox:Machine>)
would make it cleaner.

Regards,
Sateesh

process is not transparent to the developer
> community so for now i'm -1 on using these templates. The process should be clear end-to-end
before we can reasonably be expected to
> vote on a release as the templates are an integral part of the release and should include
scripts and artifacts from the release being voted
> on.
>
> As demonstrated by the bugs found in CLOUDSTACK-5883 the procedure that is currently
part of our community template build process is
> not the actual procedure used to build the systemVMs that are made available to the community.
Before we proceed with the release we
> need to make sure that the systemvm build is part of the community process and thus part
of the vote we are having. How can we
> reasonably expect somebody to vote on a release when part of the release is not done
in the open?

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo
>

> On 20 feb. 2014, at 01:10, Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks
> >
> > I want to clear up the confusion on system templates for 4.3
> >

> > We had fixed the templates to be used in 4.3 and reflected the links in cloudstack
database after uploading to download.cloud.com

> > Here are the links:
> >

> > HyperV: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2013-12-23-hyperv.vhd.bz2
> >
> > KVM: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-kvm.qcow2.bz2
> >
> > VMWare: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-vmware.ova
> >
> > Xen: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-xen.vhd.bz2
> >

> > Unless there is a discussed change that requires updating the templates we use these
published templates for 4.3.

> > I am still waiting on feedback for this RC.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Animesh

this VOTE has just one isolated fix in Nicira from
> previous RC, I would like to close the VOTE sooner by Thursday morning PST (36 hours).
Please call out if you want to stick to 72 hour (3