cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapune...@citrix.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] PVLAN support for CloudStack deployment over Nexus 1000v in VMware environment
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:47:11 GMT
Currently PVLAN support is available in CloudStack deployment over VMware ESXi hypervisor for
VMware dvSwitch only. I would like to extend this to Cisco Nexus 1000v as well.

Code changes are required on resource front to ensure PVLAN setup/configuration done over
Nexus 1000v switch in the same way as currently being done over VMware dvSwitch. There won't
be any API layer changes. Please let me know your comments.

ACS JIRA Ticket - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6104

FS - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Isolation+in+Advanced+Zone+using+PVLANs+-+Functional+Specification+for+VMWare+integration+with+CloudStack

Background of support of PVLAN in CloudStack :-

1.      https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Isolation+in+Advanced+Zone+using+PVLANs

2.      https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/PVLAN+for+isolation+within+a+VLAN

Regards,
Sateesh