cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOCS] update on move to rst
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 22:02:22 GMT
Hi,

A quick update on the move to .rst format.

We now have four repos for the docs:

git://git.apache.org/cloudstack-docs-rn.git
git://git.apache.org/cloudstack-docs-admin.git
git://git.apache.org/cloudstack-docs-install.git
git://git.apache.org/cloudstack-docs.git

All four are mirrored on github:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-install
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn

All four are built on Readthedocs.org from the github mirror

http://apache-cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org
http://cloudstack.readthedocs.org

Building from the github mirror allows us to edit directly via github. In each site you will
see a 'edit on github' button in the top left, if you click on it it will fork the site on
your github account and you will be able to submit pull request. That's the main reason of
doing this and should help everyone with contributing to the docs.

The installation guide is almost cleaned-up. That means that the conversion to .rst is complete.
But no edits or docs correction have been made.
The administration guide is under going clean up
The release notes have had no clean up, I just did the conversion from the 4.3 branch
The cloudstack.rtd site contains the midonet/midokura and other smaller guides, it also has
some new guides: ansible, trouble shooting, autoscaling without netscaler.

David and I are going to setup the CNAMES in the coming days and finish the clean up of the
formatting on all guides.

If some of you want to help with the clean-up over the week end, go for it and start sending
pull requests.

Any help appreciated,

-Sebastien