cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Windowsfication Of ACS
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 04:40:12 GMT
Abhi,

I think you misunderstood.  I meant that it should not depend on things later releases like
.net framework.  See the following wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework#Versions

I would imagine .net framework 3 or 3.5 would be ideal.  If you use .net framework 4, then
libraries need to be installed and they sometimes have conflicts with existing apps.

As for python or shell scripts, I don't see why we should need any python scripts on management
server, regardless if it's windows or Linux.  Python scripts can be included and executed
by agents on Linux systems but I don't see a place for them on the management server.  For
windows, specifically, asking a windows admin to install python is not unlike asking them
to install Cygwin.

--Alex