cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] update on move to rst
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:16:40 GMT

On Feb 12, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:

> Sebastian,
>
> fyi
>
> I believe still the docs are going changes. I found few issues at the docs link below.
>
> 1. At link, http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user_services.html,
under section,
> "Using an LDAP Server for User Authentication", there are few example urls overaligning
the page layout.

> 2. Few links are broken at the below release notes url: EX: http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvmtemplate-4.3-vh7.ova
does not work gave some error.
> http://apache-cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/rnotes.html
>
> Some of the urls as well are over aligning the page EX: at bullet item 10 above release
notes url.

> Also, is it ok if some one( or I ) can run few tools to validate all links are not broken?
I tried editing few pages using Edit git from IE, it has thrown an error.

Santhosh, thanks for checking it.

There is going to be an awkward period while the docbook are still being updated and the .rst
is being created. So the .rst version may not be the latest of what's in docbook (confusing).
I will do my best to pull in changes that come into docbook to .rst until docbook is abandoned.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the .rst version, so feel free to submit patches.
You can use review board of course, but the edit functionality via github should work fine.
Maybe try another browser, firefox ? or a newer version of IE ?

-sebastien

> Thanks!
> Santhosh

will see a 'edit on github' button in the top left, if you click on it it will fork the site
on your github account and you will be able to submit pull request. That's the main reason
of doing this and should help everyone with contributing to the docs.

> The installation guide is almost cleaned-up. That means that the conversion to .rst is
complete. But no edits or docs correction have been made.
> The administration guide is under going clean up
> The release notes have had no clean up, I just did the conversion from the 4.3 branch
> The cloudstack.rtd site contains the midonet/midokura and other smaller guides, it also
has some new guides: ansible, trouble shooting, autoscaling without netscaler.

> David and I are going to setup the CNAMES in the coming days and finish the clean up
of the formatting on all guides.