cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [UPDATE][DOCS][PROPOSAL] Move to .rst and new repos
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:19:44 GMT
Wow, just looked for the first time - that looks great :)

Personally I usually hit cloudstack.org<http://cloudstack.org> and then look for links
to docs. On the RTD sites, might wanna have links from install -> admin and vice-versa...

On Feb 18, 2014, at 5:12 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>>
wrote:

On Jan 27, 2014, at 11:25 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Quick update on this thread.

I made some initial commits to the two new docs repo:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-docs-admin.git;a=summary
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-docs-install.git;a=summary

These were made by:
1- using publican to build a html-single output of the current documentation.
2- using pandoc to convert the single html page to .rst
3- build a sphinx project for each repo using sphinx-quickstart
4- moved the .rst file to the skeleton sphinx project
5- fixed Note and Warning tags
6- fixed some issues with couple images not present or replication of reference

This leads to two successful build, even though there are still warning and lots of work to
do with the table of content.

To test the result I created two Read The Docs projects, the results is on-line:

http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

This is clearly not finished and this will require more work to check the format, the conversion
with pandoc may have broken some things.

The end result so far is that I feel it is much easier to work with, just grab your favorite
editor and you can actually read the docs, and fix it.
I also right away deleted some chapters in the admin guide (concepts..) that were a copy of
the install guide.

I plan to do the same process for the release notes...

-Sebastien