cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: developers and mysql
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:11:44 GMT
Indeed,

I've been fighting with maven all day to get the development profile to include MySql. No
luck yet, will give it another shot tomorrow :-)

Hugo

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 feb. 2014, at 18:21, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> So it should be ok to include the jar in non-default builds. developer
> and deploydb are not what we'd expect a normal user to consume.
> (Anyone else's head spinning?)
>
> --David
>
>> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
>> I created CLOUDSTACK-6157 over the weekend to track this. Not sure adding the jar
after compile will help the deploydb target, but will give it a try this morning.

>> Could we set up the pom.xmls to use the jar for execution if it's found in the user/system
classpaths while respecting the legal requirements?

>> Rayees' suggestion for cloud.spec makes sense for the RPM builds, but doesn't affect
the developer issues.

>> -He who needs more maven experience
>>
>>> On Feb 24, 2014, at 7:36 AM, Hugo Trippaers <hugo@trippaers.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Heya,
>>>
>>> as the mysql dependency is now set to provided in all the poms to fix our license
compliancy the jetty target and the deployed targets are not working.

>>> I'm trying to configure an optional profile to enable those targets to include
the mysql dependency while executing, but so far no luck. If anyone has some bright ideas
on how to do this i'm all ears. In the meantime the best solutions i've found to continue
working is to copy the mysql jar file into the directory client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.4.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/
by hand after running mvm install and before running the jetty target (just don't run mvn
clean).