cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [DOCS][PROPOSAL] Move to .rst and new repos
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:27:23 GMT
Personally, I think if possible;

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org could go to a page with both sets available, linking to

http://admin.docs.cloudstack.apache.org
http://install.docs.cloudstack.apache.org

My thinking is docs.cloudstack.apache.org is easier to remember.

I wonder if there is a SEO benefit to either option. Be good it the install and admin guides
we well crawled.

Alex Hitchins
+44 7788 423 969

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 January 2014 17:18
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [DOCS][PROPOSAL] Move to .rst and new repos

Hi,

Prior to the break we had a discussion to move to a new doc format RST.

In investigating the process and the infra needed for this, David and I thought that having
a repo for each guide/book would be good.
Otherwise the readthedocs build infra will create one massive pdf/epub, think ~400 pages.

So David created couple repos:

cloudstack-docs-admin.git
cloudstack-docs-install.git

Now we need to decide on CNAMEs for each guide, meaning that to get to the admin guide (for
instance) you will hit http://admin.foo ...

We propose to use:

http://docs-admin.cloudstack.apache.org
http://docs-install.cloudstack.apache.org