cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Hitchins <alex.hitch...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Unicode Characters in Input Fields
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:30:38 GMT
Hi all,

I've run in to a bug regarding entering Unicode characters in input fields, namely the new
user form.

My issue is that you can create new users in CPBM with Unicode characters in the name - such
as ΓΌ however this causes a problem in CloudStack as they aren't supported.

I can see the line of code where the validation occurs - my question is - is this be design
or is this an issue? I'm guessing Japanese and German users can enter in Unicode characters,
especially for the users names.

Regards,

Alex Hitchins

**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>