cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject API documentation
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:12:40 GMT
DEVs,

New features are generally cool, but given that the 'engine' of CloudStack is the API it seems
ridiculous that as a minimum the API documentation isn't kept up to date.

The specific example that I'm thinking of is

addvmwaredc

Only by using the UI and following the API calls sent could I find that it existed, and then
tracked it down in the design documents in the wiki.

I've filed a bug for this one (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5984)

But please can everyone make sure we can all use the features you create by documenting them.

Regards

Paul Angus
Senior Consultant / Cloud Architect

[cid:image002.png@01CE1071.C6CC9C10]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +4<tel:+447968161581>47711418784 |
T: @CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com<mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>