cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACS 4.3] RC update
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:17:55 GMT

On Jan 13, 2014, at 1:08 PM, Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:

> 1. requests package and nosetests2.7 are required to work with tests.
>
> 2. As such Simulator (as mentioned below ) works and so inquired to remove it from blocker,
but its the profile which needs changes and so mentioned below notes to fix the profile if
agreed. Anyways, however way. we decide and agreed to go, we will fix it.

Yes please fix the profile -don't remove it-

> 3. Again i am totally with you on doing changes in a separate branch. As mentioned in
one of the threads earlier and after that discussion, we have not done any changes "thereafter"
to marvin and we are doing it separately in a private branch and will call for a merge once
done.

Committing to a topic branch should not prevent you to submit reviews. There is a 'marvin_refactor'
branch, you can just check it out, rebase it with master and start working there. When you
submit a review, we can apply the patches to that branch. I don't know what you mean by 'private
branch', it's better to do the work in the open (and recommended) on a topic/feature branch
in the apache repo.

> Let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Santhosh

<path_to_config>" or "python deployAndRun.py -c <path_to_config>"

>> 2. Also, running python executable as part of mvn life cycle, will throw some errors
because of different python versions available on client and packages relying to work only
on 2.7+.

>> 3. Just a Question: Using the below mentioned way a documented one of running and
using simulator?  If not as such using above mentioned notes under 1 are still available to
work with simulator,
>> can we remove the bug from blocker category?\
>>
>> mvn -Pdeveloper,marvin.setup -Dmarvin.config=setup/dev/basic.cfg -pl :cloud-marvin
integration-test

>> 4. Also, the above mentioned way@3 worked anytime on python2.6?
>>
>> 5. Regarding the cleaning up of pom.xml, i  am planning to remove marvin.setup and
marvin.test profiles altogether from tools/marvin/pom.xml? let me know your thoughts? As such
again fitting them in to mvn cycle has some issues with different python and nose versions
compatibility running inside its lifecycle? If not so, i can fix to clean up the removed arguments
for deployAndRun.py?
>>                    <argument>-t</argument>
>> -                    <argument>/tmp/t.log</argument>
>> -                    <argument>-r</argument>
>> -                    <argument>/tmp/r.log</argument>
>> -                    <argument>-f</argument>
>> -                    <argument>${resolved.basedir}/marvin/testSetupSuccess.py</argument>
>>

> The simulator works, indeed what is broken is the maven profile, since the arguments
of deployAndRun are changed. So the profile needs to be fixed.

> AFAIK Marvin was not working on python2.6 due to url lib compat issue. If it's fixed
now, that's good news as it will ease install on CentOS.

> I am sure there is a reason why Prasanna created those Maven profiles for marvin, probably
for the BVT ? This needs to be investigated before removing them. I would prefer fixing the
profiles.

> While Marvin may have had some limitations before your changes, folks may have build
things around them that a change of arguments just basically broke.

> So I would want to hear from Prasanna that the maven profiles can be safely removed or
see the profiles fixed so that they work with your changes, prior to removing this bug as
a blocker.

> For future development I strongly suggest that your changes not be committed to release
branches but instead all go to a topic branch (that Girish or I can create for you), once
all changes are made and tested we can merge.

> thanks,
>
> -Sebastien
>

>> Thanks!
>> Santhosh

VLAN tag" message when network associated with SRX external firewall device is rebooted.

a snapshot , snapshot succeeds but user is presented with "The given command does not exist
or it is not available for user" message.             |
in stopped state is failing with "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /userdata/e914903a-070b-4ee3-b217-f07dbc8bc72a.vhd/
on this server" |
Vsphere client is upgraded to 5.5 from 5.1

vmware environment with error "due to java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "mount": java.io.IOException:
error=12, Cannot allocate memory"       |
Groups - SSH to VM is allowed even when there is no ingress rule defined for the security
group                                                       |

>>> If you have not played with 4.3 yet please take it for a spin and call out any
critical issues, I plan to build an RC early next week.

>> Animesh, I just created a blocker:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5864
>>
>> The simulator has been broken with recent changes in marvin
>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Animesh

holiday. I want to bring our attention and focus to getting the 4.3 release out the door.
While our scheduled RC date is this Friday 1/10 but we still have many open blocker and critical.
Please review your backlog of issues and bring them to resolution ASAP and provide a "Due
Date" in the bug.  We need to absolutely make sure upgrades are working. If you encounter
upgrade issue please file them as blockers. I will escalate all current upgrade issues to
blocker.

>>> For the most recent release status please visit the 4.3 Release Dashboard [1].
 I am following up on individual issues directly in JIRA so do watch JIRA emails