cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API documentation
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:39:22 GMT

On Jan 30, 2014, at 10:53 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hey Radhika,
>
> Yes, I'm happy to do what I can (probably mainly harassing other people)
>
> CloudMonkey says that there are 431 API calls (in 4.3 RC1) I recon there are 409 listed
on http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/TOC_Root_Admin.html

We talked about this recently, the discrepancy seems to come from the fact that the apidocs
are built for the oss dist and that the missing apis are from the nonredist build.

-sebastien

> I'll try to find which ones are missing.
>
> I think in terms of the API documentation page, the first thing to do is put this headings
in alphabetical order!

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com

it seems ridiculous that as a minimum the API documentation isn't kept up to date.

> The specific example that I'm thinking of is
>
> addvmwaredc
>
> Only by using the UI and following the API calls sent could I find that it existed, and
then tracked it down in the design documents in the wiki.