cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Girish Shilamkar <gir...@clogeny.com>
Subject Re: Migrating a ROOT volume
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2014 06:50:36 GMT
Thanks Devdeep.
So is that the only way to migrate a ROOT volume i.e. only as part of vm migrate ?
 In case of datadisk I can migrate it via Storage->Volume->Migrate, which I don't see
happening with ROOT volume.
As detach operation is not shown for ROOT volume.

Regards,
Girish

On 31-Dec-2013, at 12:36 PM, Devdeep Singh <devdeep.singh@citrix.com> wrote:

> If the instance is stopped you can go to Instance -> select the instance -> and
migrate the instance to another storage pool. This will move the root volume to the specified
storage pool.

> Regards,
> Devdeep

detach disk from a stopped disk.