cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <h...@trippaers.nl>
Subject [MERGE] Opendaylight plugin
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:03:47 GMT
Hey all,

I would like to merge the branch open daylight into master. This branch contains a plugin
with an interface to an OpenDaylight controller.

The current functionality is limited to creating layer 2 isolated networks using overlay networking
as supported by opendaylight. We are using the OVSDB and OpenFlow modules in OpenDaylight
to build overlay networks using gre tunneling. Opendaylight does not have a release yet, so
the state of the plugin is more of a technology preview, but has been tested with several
KVM hypervisors and the latest build of the OpenDaylight controller and the ovsdb subproject.
The functionality is enough to work as an equivalent to the existing GRE tunnel implementation
for KVM hypervisors.

Ideally this plugin should be the basic groundwork to start supporting more functions/features
available in OpenDaylight when they become available. It allows interested parties to work
with CloudStack and OpenDaylight without having to work with a CS fork and keep rebasing a
separate branch.

Cheers,

Hugo