cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Prabhakaran Ganesan <gprab...@juniper.net>
Subject Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:35:42 GMT
Second TryĆ 

Adding some more context here. When the SSVM starts up, it says it is
downloading cents 5.3 (which doesn't require HVM), as shown in logs below.

INFO  [o.a.c.s.i.TemplateServiceImpl]
(AgentConnectTaskPool-1:ctx-a82352c8) Downloading template centos53-x86_64
to image store nfs://192.168.56.10/opt/storage/secondary

But when I try to boot the tinylinux template, I get eh HVM_REQUIRED
error. Also, when I look at the template details in the UI, it shows up as
Centos 5.6 (which I understand requires HVM). Any idea what's happening
here?
 


On 1/16/14 3:47 PM, "Prabhakaran Ganesan" <gprabhak@juniper.net> wrote:

>I also get the following error when I try to launch an instance the
>tinylinux template. This time I was trying with NFS-based primary storage
>and uselocalstorage = false. I did not get this error earlier. The
>tinylinux template settings indicate that it is Centos 5.6 x86_64.
>
>INFO  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-35100a3e) Add
>job-24 into job monitoring
>WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-14:ctx-e494228b) Task
>failed! Task record:                 uuid:
>a752017f-94a3-0682-28aa-62235059c010
>           nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
>     nameDescription:
>   allowedOperations: []
>   currentOperations: {}
>             created: Thu Jan 16 07:42:55 PST 2014
>            finished: Thu Jan 16 07:42:55 PST 2014
>              status: failure
>          residentOn: com.xensource.xenapi.Host@3ba61fa8
>            progress: 1.0
>                type: <none/>
>              result:
>           errorInfo: [VM_HVM_REQUIRED,
>OpaqueRef:93f3b6fa-27c1-4fe5-2185-3c724e087ae6]
>         otherConfig: {}
>           subtaskOf: com.xensource.xenapi.Task@aaf13f6f
>            subtasks: []
>
>Thanks
>Prabhakaran
>
>
>
>On 1/16/14 1:20 PM, "Prabhakaran Ganesan" <gprabhak@juniper.net> wrote:
>
>>All the while, I was using my own NFS based secondary storage and I Was
>>downloading the systemvm templates from jenkins. I made the secondary
>>storage point to 192.168.56.10:/opt/storage/secondary (I used the maven
>>deploySvr script to configure the whole thing). I edited the 'host'
>>parameter in GlobalSettings and restarted the management server. 'Host'
>>addition failed once, but the host got added after I rebooted the
>>DevCloud
>>VM. The system VMs came up and I found that the tiny linux template got
>>downloaded. It also shows up when I try to launch an instance.
>>
>>When I launch the tiny linux instance, I run into the following error.
>>The
>>router VM got started properly, but the linux instance didn't. It is
>>complaining about some storage issues. Any idea what is happening here?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Prabhakar
>>
>>INFO  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c) Add
>>job-14 into job monitoring
>>WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-12:ctx-45af0575) There
>>are 0 storageid: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260
>>WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-56:ctx-cc6fb225)
>>Detecting a change in platform for r-8-VM
>>WARN  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Timer-2:ctx-18e096c3) Task (job-14)
>>has been pending for 98 seconds
>>WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-3:ctx-b1e5b734) There
>>are 0 storageid: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260
>>INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c
>>ctx-29a1762b) lock is acquired for VMTemplateStoragePool 13
>>WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.XenServerStorageProcessor] (DirectAgent-26:ctx-29532703)
>>There are 0 SRs with same name: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260
>>INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c
>>ctx-29a1762b) releasing lock for VMTemplateStoragePool 13
>>WARN  [c.c.u.d.Merovingian2] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c ctx-29a1762b)
>>Was unable to find lock for the key template_spool_ref13 and thread id
>>1518511247
>>INFO  [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c
>>ctx-29a1762b) Unable to contact resource.
>>com.cloud.exception.StorageUnavailableException: Resource [StoragePool:1]
>>is unreachable: Unable to create Vol[7|vm=7|ROOT]:There are 0 SRs with
>>same name: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.recreateVol
>>u
>>m
>>e(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1174)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.prepare(Vol
>>u
>>m
>>eOrchestrator.java:1216)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineMan
>>a
>>g
>>erImpl.java:944)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManager
>>I
>>m
>>pl.java:747)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.ja
>>v
>>a
>>:593)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VMEntityManagerImpl.deployV
>>i
>>r
>>tualMachine(VMEntityManagerImpl.java:228)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VirtualMachineEntityImpl.de
>>p
>>l
>>oy(VirtualMachineEntityImpl.java:207)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>572)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>152)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>138)
>>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>	at 
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java
>>:
>>5
>>7)
>>	at 
>>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorI
>>m
>>p
>>l.java:43)
>>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(A
>>o
>>p
>>Utils.java:317)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpo
>>i
>>n
>>t(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.event.ActionEventInterceptor.invoke(ActionEventInterceptor.java
>>:
>>5
>>0)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:161)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(Ex
>>p
>>o
>>seInvocationInterceptor.java:91)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAop
>>P
>>r
>>oxy.java:204)
>>	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy174.startVirtualMachine(Unknown Source)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.vm.DeployVMCmd.execute(DeployVMCmd
>>.
>>j
>>ava:443)
>>	at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:161)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.runJobInContext(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher
>>.
>>j
>>ava:109)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher$1.run(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.java:66)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(D
>>e
>>f
>>aultManagedContext.java:56)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWith
>>C
>>o
>>ntext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithC
>>o
>>n
>>text(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.runJob(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.java:63)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.runInCont
>>e
>>x
>>t(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:524)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(Manage
>>d
>>C
>>ontextRunnable.java:49)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(D
>>e
>>f
>>aultManagedContext.java:56)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWith
>>C
>>o
>>ntext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithC
>>o
>>n
>>text(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedC
>>o
>>n
>>textRunnable.java:46)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
>>:
>>1
>>146)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.jav
>>a
>>:
>>615)
>>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
>>INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-27:ctx-bf07d289) VM
>>does
>>not exist on XenServer9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea
>>WARN  [o.a.c.alerts] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c ctx-29a1762b)
>>alertType:: 8 // dataCenterId:: 1 // podId:: 1 // clusterId:: null //
>>message:: Failed to deploy Vm with Id: 7, on Host with Id: null
>>ERROR [c.c.a.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c)
>>Unexpected exception while executing
>>org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.vm.DeployVMCmd
>>com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to start a VM due
>>to insufficient capacity
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.ja
>>v
>>a
>>:597)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VMEntityManagerImpl.deployV
>>i
>>r
>>tualMachine(VMEntityManagerImpl.java:237)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VirtualMachineEntityImpl.de
>>p
>>l
>>oy(VirtualMachineEntityImpl.java:207)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>572)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>152)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.startVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java
>>:
>>3
>>138)
>>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>	at 
>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java
>>:
>>5
>>7)
>>	at 
>>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorI
>>m
>>p
>>l.java:43)
>>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(A
>>o
>>p
>>Utils.java:317)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpo
>>i
>>n
>>t(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.event.ActionEventInterceptor.invoke(ActionEventInterceptor.java
>>:
>>5
>>0)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:161)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(Ex
>>p
>>o
>>seInvocationInterceptor.java:91)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>e
>>c
>>tiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
>>	at 
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAop
>>P
>>r
>>oxy.java:204)
>>	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy174.startVirtualMachine(Unknown Source)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.vm.DeployVMCmd.execute(DeployVMCmd
>>.
>>j
>>ava:443)
>>	at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:161)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.runJobInContext(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher
>>.
>>j
>>ava:109)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher$1.run(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.java:66)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(D
>>e
>>f
>>aultManagedContext.java:56)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWith
>>C
>>o
>>ntext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithC
>>o
>>n
>>text(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.api.ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.runJob(ApiAsyncJobDispatcher.java:63)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.runInCont
>>e
>>x
>>t(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:524)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(Manage
>>d
>>C
>>ontextRunnable.java:49)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(D
>>e
>>f
>>aultManagedContext.java:56)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWith
>>C
>>o
>>ntext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithC
>>o
>>n
>>text(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>>	at 
>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedC
>>o
>>n
>>textRunnable.java:46)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
>>:
>>1
>>146)
>>	at 
>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.jav
>>a
>>:
>>615)
>>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
>>Caused by: com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException:
>>Unable
>>to create a deployment for
>>VM[User|VM-cf17832c-7957-4c67-a9bc-b4b04f6bbc69]Scope=interface
>>com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineMan
>>a
>>g
>>erImpl.java:903)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManager
>>I
>>m
>>pl.java:747)
>>	at 
>>com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.ja
>>v
>>a
>>:593)
>>	... 38 more
>>INFO  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-62fc8d1c) Remove
>>job-14 from job monitoring
>>
>>
>>
>>On 1/16/14 12:28 PM, "Prabhakaran Ganesan" <gprabhak@juniper.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Yes. The below script was executed on the SSVM and it was able to
>>>connect
>>>to the management server on port 8250.
>>>
>>><snip>
>>>Management server is 192.168.56.31. Checking connectivity.
>>>Good: Can connect to management server port 8250
>>><\snip>
>>>
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Prabhakar
>>>
>>>
>>>On 1/16/14 12:24 PM, "Wei ZHOU" <ustcweizhou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Can you ping 192.168.56.31 from SSVM ?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>2014/1/16 Prabhakaran Ganesan <gprabhak@juniper.net>
>>>>
>>>>> Yes, Edison. I restarted the management server. Here is the output of
>>>>>SSVM
>>>>> health script.
>>>>>
>>>>> root@s-2-VM:~# /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> First DNS server is  192.168.56.1
>>>>> PING 192.168.56.1 (192.168.56.1): 56 data bytes
>>>>> 64 bytes from 192.168.56.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.842 ms
>>>>> 64 bytes from 192.168.56.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.414 ms
>>>>> --- 192.168.56.1 ping statistics ---
>>>>> 2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss
>>>>> round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.414/0.628/0.842/0.214 ms
>>>>> Good: Can ping DNS server
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> Good: DNS resolves download.cloud.com
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> nfs is currently mounted
>>>>> Mount point is /mnt/SecStorage/ece697f4-c6c2-323f-8148-e456cc6ed703
>>>>> Good: Can write to mount point
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> Management server is 192.168.56.31. Checking connectivity.
>>>>> Good: Can connect to management server port 8250
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> Good: Java process is running
>>>>> ================================================
>>>>> Tests Complete. Look for ERROR or WARNING above.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Prabakar
>>>>>
>>>>> On 1/16/14 11:56 AM, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> >
>>>>> >> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> >> From: Prabhakaran Ganesan [mailto:gprabhak@juniper.net]
>>>>> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:34 PM
>>>>> >> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> >> Subject: Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Hi Edison
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>     Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to debug why the
>>>>>template
>>>>>is
>>>>> >>not
>>>>> >> downloaded.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>     I'm running the management-server as a separate vm (over
>>>>>virtualBox,
>>>>> >> with one interface in the host-network) at 192.168.56.31. I have
>>>>>sent
>>>>> >>the
>>>>> >> 'host' parameter as 192.168.56.31. Isn't this correct?
>>>>> >
>>>>> >Did you restart mgt server, after set host equal to "192.168.56.31"?
>>>>> >If not, restart your mgt server, and stop/start ssvm
>>>>> >If yes, then the issue will be ssvm can't connect to
>>>>>192.168.56.31:8250,
>>>>> >do you open port 8250 on the VM where your mgt server running?
>>>>> >
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Thanks
>>>>> >> Prabhakar
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> On 1/15/14 6:09 PM, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >> >> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> >> >> From: Prabhakaran Ganesan [mailto:gprabhak@juniper.net]
>>>>> >> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:28 PM
>>>>> >> >> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> >> >> Subject: Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> Hi Edison
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>     Thanks for the details. I was trying to download the
>>>>>tty-linux
>>>>> >> >>iso and launch  the same. Do you mean to use the built-in 'tiny
>>>>>linux
>>>>> >> >>template' by tty linux?
>>>>> >> >Yes, the build-in "tty linux".  Doesn't it show up on the UI in
>>>>>create
>>>>> >> >vm wizard?
>>>>> >> >If not, then what's the agent status of your ssvm? If agent
>>>>>status
>>>>>is
>>>>> >> >not in up state(90% true), then check "host" in global
>>>>>configuration,
>>>>> >> >make sure "host = 192.168.56.10"
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >> >> For some reason, it doesn't get downloaded in my environment.
>>>>> >> >> Is there anyway to download it to some location in sec storage
>>>>> >> >>(similar to  downloading the system vm template)?
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>     Also, how do I launch the VM without 'data disk'. If I go
>>>>>through
>>>>> >> >>the UI, it  always asks me to select a DiskOffering and I'm not
>>>>>able
>>>>> >> >>to create a 0GB  custom offering also.
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> Thanks
>>>>> >> >> Prabhakar
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> On 1/15/14 4:15 PM, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >Iso and data disk doesn't work on devcloud, as there is a bug
>>>>>in
>>>>> >> >> >debian xen kernel. The only thing devcloud can do, right now,
>>>>>is
>>>>> >> >> >launching tty Linux vm.
>>>>> >> >> >If you have a separate xen template, you can try to register
>>>>>the
>>>>> >> >> >template, then create a vm from it. But make sure, the
>>>>>template
>>>>>url
>>>>> >> >> >can be accessed by devcloud.
>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> >> >> >> From: Prabhakaran Ganesan [mailto:gprabhak@juniper.net]
>>>>> >> >> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:36 PM
>>>>> >> >> >> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> >> >> >> Subject: Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> Hi Edison
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>     Thanks for your response. Yes, I'm trying to launch my
>>>>>own
>>>>> >> >> >>iso, with 'small'
>>>>> >> >> >> data disk offering.
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>     I tried registering the ttylinux VM ISO. What should I
>>>>>select
>>>>> >> >> >>for OS type?
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> Thanks
>>>>> >> >> >> Prabhakaran
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> On 1/15/14 3:23 PM, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com>
>>>>>wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >Seems attach disk failed, are you using data disk offering
>>>>>when
>>>>> >> >> >> >you create the VM? How about just try to start ttyLinux vm,
>>>>> >> >> >> >without data
>>>>> >> >> >>disk.
>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> >> >> >> >> From: Prabhakaran Ganesan [mailto:gprabhak@juniper.net]
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:10 PM
>>>>> >> >> >> >> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Subject: Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> I'm new to this alias, looks like it does not support
>>>>> >>attachments.
>>>>> >> >> >> >>I have pasted  the significant error logs below. Please
>>>>>let
>>>>>me
>>>>> >> >> >> >>know how I can share the  complete logs for your
>>>>>reference.
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Thanks
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Prabhakar
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Mgmt-server side:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> =================
>>>>> >> >> >> >> [root@localhost cloudstack]# INFO
>>>>> >> >> >> >> [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor]
>>>>> >> >> >> >> (Job-Executor-11:ctx-686ff842) Add job-21 into job
>>>>>monitoring
>>>>> >> >> >> >> WARN [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase]
>>>>> >>(DirectAgent-180:ctx-e20ff431)
>>>>> >> Task
>>>>> >> >> >> >> failed! Task record:                 uuid:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 2640def4-6141-8698-ded9-adf2da19b746
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>      nameDescription:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    allowedOperations: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    currentOperations: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>              created: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             finished: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               status: failure
>>>>> >> >> >> >>           residentOn: com.xensource.xenapi.Host@3ba61fa8
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             progress: 1.0
>>>>> >> >> >> >>                 type: <none/>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               result:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            errorInfo: [INTERNAL_ERROR, Xb.Noent]
>>>>> >> >> >> >>          otherConfig: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            subtaskOf: com.xensource.xenapi.Task@aaf13f6f
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             subtasks: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase]
>>>>> >> >> >> >>(DirectAgent-180:ctx-e20ff431) Unable  to start
>>>>>VM(i-2-7-VM)
>>>>>on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>host(9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea) due  to
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Task failed! Task record:                 uuid:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 2640def4-6141-8698-ded9-adf2da19b746
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>      nameDescription:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    allowedOperations: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    currentOperations: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>              created: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             finished: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               status: failure
>>>>> >> >> >> >>           residentOn: com.xensource.xenapi.Host@3ba61fa8
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             progress: 1.0
>>>>> >> >> >> >>                 type: <none/>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               result:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            errorInfo: [INTERNAL_ERROR, Xb.Noent]
>>>>> >> >> >> >>          otherConfig: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            subtaskOf: com.xensource.xenapi.Task@aaf13f6f
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             subtasks: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Task failed! Task record:                 uuid:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 2640def4-6141-8698-ded9-adf2da19b746
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>      nameDescription:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    allowedOperations: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>    currentOperations: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>              created: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             finished: Wed Jan 15 06:20:00 PST 2014
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               status: failure
>>>>> >> >> >> >>           residentOn: com.xensource.xenapi.Host@3ba61fa8
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             progress: 1.0
>>>>> >> >> >> >>                 type: <none/>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>               result:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            errorInfo: [INTERNAL_ERROR, Xb.Noent]
>>>>> >> >> >> >>          otherConfig: {}
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            subtaskOf: com.xensource.xenapi.Task@aaf13f6f
>>>>> >> >> >> >>             subtasks: []
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.checkForSu
>>>>> >> c
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ce
>>>>> >> >> s
>>>>> >> >> >> >>s(
>>>>> >> >> >> C
>>>>> >> >> >> >>itr
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ix
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ResourceBase.java:3685)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.startVM(Cit
>>>>> >> >> >> >>rix
>>>>> >> >> >> >>Res
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ou
>>>>> >> >> >> >> rce
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Base.java:3797)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(Cit
>>>>> >> >> >> >>rix
>>>>> >> >> >> >>Res
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ou
>>>>> >> >> >> >> rce
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Base.java:1700)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeReq
>>>>> >> u
>>>>> >> >> >> >>e
>>>>> >> >> st
>>>>> >> >> >> >>(
>>>>> >> >> >> Ci
>>>>> >> >> >> >>tr
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ixR
>>>>> >> >> >> >> esourceBase.java:545)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> 
>>>>>com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOs
>>>>> >> >> >> >> sResou
>>>>> >> >> >> >> rce.java:133)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(
>>>>> >> Dir
>>>>> >> >> >> >>e
>>>>> >> >> ct
>>>>> >> >> >> Age
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ntAtt
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ache.java:216)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> 
>>>>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ManagedC
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ontextRunnable.java:49)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedCont
>>>>> >> ext
>>>>> >> >> $1.
>>>>> >> >> >> cal
>>>>> >> >> >> >> l(Def
>>>>> >> >> >> >> aultManagedContext.java:56)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedCont
>>>>> >> ext
>>>>> >> >> .ca
>>>>> >> >> >> >>l
>>>>> >> >> >> lW
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ithCo
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ntext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> 
>>>>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.run
>>>>> >> >> >> >> WithCon
>>>>> >> >> >> >> text(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> 
>>>>>org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(Ma
>>>>> >> >> >> >> nagedCon
>>>>> >> >> >> >> textRunnable.java:46)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> 
>>>>>>>java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:
>>>>> >> >> >>471
>>>>> >> >> >>)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >>java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>>java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutur
>>>>> >> e
>>>>> >> >> >> >>T
>>>>> >> >> ask.
>>>>> >> >> >> a
>>>>> >> >> >> >>c
>>>>> >> >> >> >> cess
>>>>> >> >> >> >> $101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutur
>>>>> >> e
>>>>> >> >> >> >>T
>>>>> >> >> ask.
>>>>> >> >> >> r
>>>>> >> >> >> >>u
>>>>> >> >> >> >> n(Sc
>>>>> >> >> >> >> heduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExe
>>>>> >> c
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ut
>>>>> >> >> or.
>>>>> >> >> >> j
>>>>> >> >> >> >>av
>>>>> >> >> >> >> a:1
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 146)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolEx
>>>>> >> e
>>>>> >> >> >> >>c
>>>>> >> >> utor.
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ja
>>>>> >> >> >> >> va:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 615)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
>>>>> >> >> >> >> WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase]
>>>>> >> >> >> >>(DirectAgent-180:ctx-e20ff431) Catch
>>>>> >> >> >> >> Exception: class
>>>>> >> >> >> >>com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException
>>>>> >> >> >> >>due to
>>>>> >> >> >> >> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable
>>>>>to
>>>>> >> >> >> >>start
>>>>> >> >> >> >> VM(i-2-7-VM) on
>>>>>host(9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea)
>>>>> >> due
>>>>> >> >> to
>>>>> >> >> >> Task
>>>>> >> >> >> >> failed! Task record:                 uuid:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 2640def4-6141-8698-ded9-adf2da19b746
>>>>> >> >> >> >>            nameLabel: Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> XCP-XAPI Errors:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ================
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 20140115T14:20:00.766Z|
>>>>>info|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|dispatcher] spawning a new thread to
>>>>>handle
>>>>>the
>>>>> >> >> >> >>current  task (trackid=71ad5d3d9cf6b650d2105b1925aa94f7)
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.770Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|audit] VM.start_on: VM =
>>>>> >> >> >> >> '85522f78-43c1-7668-cf2f-d5735262fce3 (i-2-7-VM)'; host
>>>>> >> >> >> >>'9d4c9db8-32f7-  25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea (devcloud)'
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.780Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] No operations are valid because
>>>>> >> >> >> >>current-operations =  [ OpaqueRef:451bd4b9-39c8-2bcb-84b1-
>>>>> >> >> >> 03a0d7bd751d
>>>>> >> >> >> >>-> attach ]
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.789Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] host devcloud; available_memory =
>>>>> >> >> >> >>2757689344; memory_required = 575668224
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.789Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi_ha_vm_failover]
>>>>> >> >> >> >> assert_configuration_change_preserves_ha_plan c =
>>>>> >> >> >> >>configuration_change  = { old_vms_leaving = [  ];
>>>>> >> >> >> >>new_vms_arriving = [ 0d19f3fa (devcloud)
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 7eeed546
>>>>> >> >> >> >> (i-2-7-VM) ]; hosts_to_disable = [  ]; num_failures = no
>>>>> >> >> >> >>change; new_vms =  [  ] }
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.795Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|thread_queue] push(vm_lifecycle_op,
>>>>>VM.start
>>>>> >> >> >> >>Async.VM.start_on R:451bd4b939c8): queue = [ VM.start
>>>>> >> >> >> >>Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8 ](1)
>>>>> >> >> >> >> [20140115T14:20:00.795Z|debug|devcloud|186||thread_queue]
>>>>> >> >> >> >> pop(vm_lifecycle_op) = VM.start Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >>R:451bd4b939c8
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.796Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|locking_helpers] Acquired lock on VM
>>>>> >> >> >> >> OpaqueRef:7eeed546-7f37-ab5c-e495-772f4f52d7f8 with token
>>>>>14
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.796Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] start: making sure the VM really is
>>>>>halted
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.796Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] start: checking that VM can run on
>>>>>this
>>>>> >> >> >> >>host [20140115T14:20:00.798Z|
>>>>> >> >> >> >>info|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] The VM's BIOS strings were not yet
>>>>>filled
>>>>> >>in.
>>>>> >> >> >> >>The VM is  now made BIOS-generic.
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.799Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] start: bringing up domain in the
>>>>>paused
>>>>> >> >> >> >>state
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.801Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|memory_control] reserve_memory_range
>>>>> >> >> min=562176
>>>>> >> >> >> >> max=562176
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.802Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xenstore-rpc] Checking pid 2734
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.803Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|backtrace] Raised at hashtbl.ml:93.19-28
>>>>>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> debug.ml:100.36-65
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 
>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.804Z|error|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|memory_control] Unexpected exception
>>>>>talking
>>>>> >> to
>>>>> >> >> >> >>ballooning
>>>>> >> >> >> >> daemon: INTERNAL_ERROR: [ Xb.Noent ]
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.804Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] Raised at memory_control.ml:55.12-13
>>>>>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> memory_control.ml:95.6-10 -> memory_control.ml:125.2-577
>>>>>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> vmops.ml:994.4-261 -> pervasiveext.ml:22.2-9
>>>>> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>[20140115T14:20:00.805Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_o
>>>>> >> n
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] Raised at pervasiveext.ml:26.22-25 
>>>>>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> xenctrl.ml:114.13-17 -> xenctrl.ml:114.56-59 ->
>>>>> >> >> >> >>xapi_vm.ml:234.6-120
>>>>> >> >> >> >>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> pervasiveext.ml:22.2-9
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.805Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|xapi] Raised at pervasiveext.ml:26.22-25 
>>>>>->
>>>>> >> >> >> >> pervasiveext.ml:22.2-9
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> [20140115T14:20:00.806Z|debug|devcloud|1461|Async.VM.start_on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> R:451bd4b939c8|locking_helpers] Released lock on VM
>>>>> >> >> >> >> OpaqueRef:7eeed546-7f37-ab5c-e495-772f4f52d7f8 with token
>>>>>14
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> On 1/15/14 3:03 PM, "Prabhakaran Ganesan"
>>>>> >> >> >> >> <gprabhak@juniper.net>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >Not sure if I attached the logs earlier.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >On 1/15/14 2:56 PM, "Prabhakaran Ganesan"
>>>>> >> >> >> >> ><gprabhak@juniper.net>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Hi Edison
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>    I'm having trouble with launching guest instances.
>>>>>All
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>system VMs are up and running, including the router. 
>>>>>But
>>>>>when
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>I try to launch the guest, I'm getting [INTERNAL_ERROR,
>>>>> >> Xb.noent].
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Here is some more information on my environment.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Host: VirtualBox 4.2 in Centos (192.168.56.1) runs NFS,
>>>>>DNS
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>and WebServer Mgmt Server: Centos 6.4 VM 
>>>>>(192.168.56.31),
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>built from
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>4.3 source (2G RAM, 20GB disk)
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>DevCloud: Latest 4.3 compatible Devcloud2.ova 
>>>>>downloaded
>>>>> >> from
>>>>> >> >> >> >> sebgoa's
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>apache location (3.5G RAM, 30G disk)
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>I have tried fixing Dom0 memory to allow more memory 
>>>>>for
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>guest VMs, as below.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>xe vm-param-set memory-dynamic-max=500MiB
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>uuid=c8c2f1a3-40d3-308f-70bf-687f7f49b9a5
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Have attached the management-server and xcp-xapi logs
>>>>>here. I
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>used to run into the same error with the Devcloud.ova
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>downloaded from the bhaisaab's apache location. I have
>>>>>tried
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>using different compute offerings (lower
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>cpu/memory) also. Can you let me know what is going 
>>>>>wrong
>>>>> >> here?
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Thanks
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>Prabhakar
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>On 1/15/14 10:09 AM, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com>
>>>>> >>wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>Thanks, could you update
>>>>> >> >> >> >> 
>>>>>>>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/De
>>>>> >> vCl
>>>>> >> >> oud
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>,
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>point to your link?
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>The devcloud reboot issue, also happened to me, 
>>>>>haven't
>>>>>have
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>time to investigate it yet, it's only happened during
>>>>>the
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>first time adding the host though, and it can recover
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>itself, so not a
>>>>> >> >> >>critical bug.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:49 AM
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> Subject: Re: Devcloud update for 4.3
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> I put the image at
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> http://people.apache.org/~sebgoa/devcloud2.ova
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> On Jan 15, 2014, at 3:57 PM, sebgoa 
>>>>><runseb@gmail.com>
>>>>> >> wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > I confirm that this works.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > I am uploading the image to my people space on 
>>>>>apache
>>>>> >> >>infra.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > I had several warnings, devcloud rebooted (which I
>>>>>don't
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > remember
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> happening), but finally It seemed to recover and I
>>>>>started
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>an instance.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > Here are the logs, if someone cares to look at 
>>>>>them:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > http://pastebin.com/yR5RTJsj
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > -sebastien
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:30 AM, Sebastien Goasguen
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> > <runseb@gmail.com>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >> On Jan 14, 2014, at 8:32 PM, Edison Su
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >> <Edison.su@citrix.com>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>wrote:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>> After several fixes, devcloud is working on 4.3
>>>>>branch
>>>>> >> >>now.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>> Manually create a new devcloud image(the only
>>>>>change
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>> to the image
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>is
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> to put 4.3 system vm template into
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>/opt/storage/secondary/**/1/1/), and  put it under:
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDkmM5r (Can't find a free 
>>>>>place
>>>>> to
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>hold 1.3G data, so put it in a Chinese dropbox like
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>website(which has
>>>>> >> >> >>2T
>>>>> >> >> >> storage for free...) ).
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>> Not sure you can download it or not. If not, 
>>>>>then 
>>>>>I
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>> may need help
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>>to find
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> another place to store the image.
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >> Cool,
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >> Maybe you can put it on S3 or your public_html on
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >> people.apache.org
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >>
>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >> >
>>>>> >> >>
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >> >
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >
>>>>> >
>>>>> >
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>



Mime
View raw message