cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Delp <aaron.d...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Trying to add Amazon S3 to CloudPlatform?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:43:51 GMT
I agree with John. It's fine as implemented it just wasn't stated clearly in the documentation
(or the error message) and it appears we have a migration path in place for 4.3 when wanting
to convert from NFS to S3.

-Aaron

(+ @dev)

Min,

I don't think that the current implementation is a limitation or problem.  Region-wide storage
will impose certain constraints on secondary storage in contained zones to satisfy data consistency
and reliability requirements.  Therefore, it seems completely logically that region wide secondary
storage would prevent the contained zones from defining a potentially conflicting secondary
storage configuration.

Thanks,
-John

On Jan 8, 2014, at 6:13 PM, Min Chen <min.chen@citrix.com<mailto:min.chen@citrix.com>>