cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.eduku...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS 4.3] RC update
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:39:30 GMT
Simulator issue is fixed. It now works, please check.

Santhosh
From: sebgoa [runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:50 AM
To: Santhosh Edukulla
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; girish@clogeny.com; Prasanna Santhanam
Subject: Re: [ACS 4.3] RC update

On Jan 14, 2014, at 3:53 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2014, at 3:48 PM, Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> 1. As such the  profile issue mentioned in the bug is fixed( submitted a patch, not
yet applied ), instead of using the same bug for other issue related to simulator, may be
we can log a separate bug.
>> The reason being the issues reported are different and this new issue reported is
inside the simulator code if any but nothing to do with marvin though? Let me know.

> not note fixed yet, I will post additional comments/logs in your review

Ok I am happy with your comments in the review, I went ahead and committed the patch to master,
4.3 and 4.2
I closed

and opened:
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5875 as a non blocker, even though I feel
we should fix it for 4.3 because it prevents truly automated integration tests to run on jenkins.
So if you could grab 5875 in JIRA (assign it to yourself) and fix the simulator that would
be great.

thanks,

-Sebastien

>> Regards,
>> Santhosh

 I just ran the simulator using the below mentioned commands followed by deployDataCenter,
on 4.2 and 4.3 separately, there were  no errors  reported on 4.2. I could see that templates
were available, displayed and deployDataCenter worked fine on 4.2 but not on 4.3 and its throwing
the error you mentioned. We will look in to it.

>> ok thanks, this is important. If we want to remove the maven profile then we need
to make sure the nosetests way of configuring the DC works.

>>> Note2: Regarding the templates not available in UI, we need to register the template
to work with simulator post deploy for testing ( atleast with 4.2.1 or later ), this behavior
i believe was due to some issue in simulator code in later code and i was told to register
and proceed with tests then.

>>> Note3: Profile issue, i fixed and submitted a review.
>>>

>> I tested it on 4.3, it seems to work but never returns. Is that the newly expected
behavior ?

>>> Note4: Registering a template issue manually and below for addCluster Command,
we will look in to it. This i believe is nothing to do with marvin though.

>> your note4 and note3 seem to be talking about the same thing. My concern is that
this was working in 4.2, so if it's broken in 4.2.1 this is brand new error.
>> I understand that few people use the simulator, but we should fix it in 4.3 (and
apply patch to 4.2 branch as well )

>>> Let me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Santhosh

-i <path_to_config>" or "python deployAndRun.py -c <path_to_config>"

>>> Santhosh, I tried this and it works.
>>> I am pretty sure that we did not need to use the -Dsimulator before ( I documented
it without), but we can skip this.

>>> However when accessing the UI and trying to run an instance, there are no templates
available.
>>> The systemVMs are running.
>>>
>>> Also, I used to be able to use nosetests as well and configure the DC with:
>>> nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=setup/dev/basic.cfg
>>>
>>> it gave me this:
>>>
>>> $ nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=setup/dev/basic.cfg
>>>
>>> Exception Occurred Under __deployDC : Execute cmd: addcluster failed, due to:
errorCode: 431, errorText:Could not find corresponding resource manager for simulator
> [...]
line 124, in addError
>>>  plugin_handled = plugins.handleError(self.test, err)
>>> File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/plugins/manager.py",
line 99, in __call__
>>>  return self.call(*arg, **kw)
>>> File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nose/plugins/manager.py",
line 167, in simple
>>>  result = meth(*arg, **kw)
>>> File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/marvin/marvinPlugin.py",
line 146, in handleError
>>>  self.tcRunLogger.fatal("%s: %s: %s" %
>>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fatal'
>>>
>>> Maybe I am not using nosetests command properly but maybe some changes affected
the marvinPlugin script, could you look into it ?

>>> thanks
>>>
>>> -sebastien

some errors because of different python versions available on client and packages relying
to work only on 2.7+.

and using simulator?  If not as such using above mentioned notes under 1 are still available
to work with simulator,

and marvin.test profiles altogether from tools/marvin/pom.xml? let me know your thoughts?
As such again fitting them in to mvn cycle has some issues with different python and nose
versions compatibility running inside its lifecycle? If not so, i can fix to clean up the
removed arguments for deployAndRun.py?

to parse VLAN tag" message when network associated with SRX external firewall device is rebooted.

to take a snapshot , snapshot succeeds but user is presented with "The given command does
not exist or it is not available for user" message.             |
the VM is in stopped state is failing with "Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/userdata/e914903a-070b-4ee3-b217-f07dbc8bc72a.vhd/ on this server" |
when the Vsphere client is upgraded to 5.5 from 5.1

API failing, if you pass VLAN

crashed and agent going to alert start

vm in vmware environment with error "due to java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "mount":
java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot allocate memory"       |
Groups - SSH to VM is allowed even when there is no ingress rule defined for the security
group                                                       |

out any critical issues, I plan to build an RC early next week.

during holiday. I want to bring our attention and focus to getting the 4.3 release out the
door. While our scheduled RC date is this Friday 1/10 but we still have many open blocker
and critical. Please review your backlog of issues and bring them to resolution ASAP and provide
a "Due Date" in the bug.  We need to absolutely make sure upgrades are working. If you encounter
upgrade issue please file them as blockers. I will escalate all current upgrade issues to
blocker.

[1].  I am following up on individual issues directly in JIRA so do watch JIRA emails