cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Findbugs report on 4.3-forward
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 20:03:48 GMT
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Hugo Trippaers <trippie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> As always you are completely right.

I plan on referring to this message alot in the future. Especially in
discussions with my wife. :)

> I feel a bit bad about getting the findbugs report through at the last moment. However
the coverity reports (with 6000+ issues) didn't make it easy to find what really needed fixing.

> However the fixes we made based on findbugs are pretty nasty. Especially the == vs equals
can have some serious impact in how things behave.

Agreed == vs eq could have had very bad impact. I just don't want us
fixing things 'just because' this close to 4.3.0. Worried the medicine
is worse than the disease. (doesn't mean they shouldn't be fixed in
4.3-forward and master - please fix everything we can)

> From my end I'm tackling this as follows. We (Schuberg) have a limited functional test
environment that runs the basic create zone with zen test. I have manual tests that will cover
Nicira support for advanced zones with VR, VPC and NVP router. I won't vote +1 before these
tests complete.

> Maybe some other folks can respond with what tests they are doing pre release so we have
an idea on what is covered when somebody gives a +1. Actually I would rather have the report
now, any test findings now will save animesh quite some time in doing all the work to cut
the next RC.

Agreed - I'd really like to see the smoke and regression tests running
to make sure that we haven't accidentally 'fixed' ourselves into new
bugs.

--David